Perfect Breakfast

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
The trouble with buffet breakfasts is quantity over quality. Sausages and bacon are worth paying more for. Buffet black pudding can be like frisbees. I have had too many of these breakfasts over the years while away on business.
I couldn’t agree more. I can’t stand those cheap sausages that are like pink foam on the insides. And why is it always back bacon (usually unsmoked) that’s never quite cooked enough?

IT SHOULD BE STREAKY SMOKED BACON THAT’S COOKED TO THE POINT WHERE IT SHATTERS WHEN YOU STICK
YOUR FORK IN IT.

Pay attention, cafes and hoteliers 😑

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I couldn’t agree more. I can’t stand those cheap sausages that are like pink foam on the insides. And why is it always back bacon (usually unsmoked) that’s never quite cooked enough?

IT SHOULD BE STREAKY SMOKED BACON THAT’S COOKED TO THE POINT WHERE IT SHATTERS WHEN YOU STICK
YOUR FORK IN IT.

These guys know what's going on!

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The trouble with buffet breakfasts is quantity over quality. Sausages and bacon are worth paying more for. Buffet black pudding can be like frisbees. I have had too many of these breakfasts over the years while away on business.
This particular place you get quantity & quality, and if i remember it'[s only about £9.50

Bigfoot

Grand Master

YOUR FORK IN IT.

Definitely needs to be smoked, but back bacon is also good. We have a local producer of bacon that is really good. Naked Toad is very smoky and tastes fantastic - makes a great bacon sandwich.

Bigfoot

Grand Master
Another option, but possibly more for lunch is hand dived scallops, Stornoway black pudding, smoked streaky bacon and garlic butter. We had this in the Applecross Inn (other eateries are available) and it was great. There can be a bit of a queue to get in (at least before lockdown), but you do get the opportunity to traverse the Bealach Na Ba. It is a bit of a challenge for cyclists, but there are some nutters who try.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Another option, but possibly more for lunch is hand dived scallops, Stornoway black pudding, smoked streaky bacon and garlic butter. We had this in the Applecross Inn (other eateries are available) and it was great. There can be a bit of a queue to get in (at least before lockdown), but you do get the opportunity to traverse the Bealach Na Ba. It is a bit of a challenge for cyclists, but there are some nutters who try.
Oh, that's the stuff of magic, but has to be really fresh ingredients. It's really hard to find good black pudding down here, my favourite is to get some Spanish Morcilla de Burgos which I absolutely adore, but there's only a couple of places in London I've found that sell really good quality stuff that's imported that morning.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
As a Lancastrian, I very much feel your pain in this scenario. Decent black pud and decent chip shops are few and far between in the south.

Although Simon Howie’s Wee Black Pudding is quite nice and available at most supermarkets, it’s definitely worth a try 👍
That really freaked me out, this forum ain't big enough for two spiders!

Thanks for the pointed on the black pud, will try some (y)

Bigfoot

Grand Master
Oh, that's the stuff of magic, but has to be really fresh ingredients. It's really hard to find good black pudding down here, my favourite is to get some Spanish Morcilla de Burgos which I absolutely adore, but there's only a couple of places in London I've found that sell really good quality stuff that's imported that morning.
The west coast of Scotland has very fresh seafood. I have had some really fresh langoustines, direct from the creel fisherman and cooked in water from the sea loch they were caught in. Scotland really is schizophrenic about food. We have deep fried Mars Bars and pizzas and mince and tattles (don’t ask), but we also have Aberdeen Angus steak, scallops, langoustines, salmon, venison, whisky, ice cream, Cullen Skink, crannachan…. It doesn’t really compute.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
The west coast of Scotland has very fresh seafood. I have had some really fresh langoustines, direct from the creel fisherman and cooked in water from the sea loch they were caught in. Scotland really is schizophrenic about food. We have deep fried Mars Bars and pizzas and mince and tattles (don’t ask), but we also have Aberdeen Angus steak, scallops, langoustines, salmon, venison, whisky, ice cream, Cullen Skink, crannachan…. It doesn’t really compute.
It truly is a land of contrast! It has given us Alexander Fleming and James Clerk Maxwell. It has also given us Bible John and Susan Boyle.

Scotland keeps the rest of the world on it’s toes. They’re the acid test for the fine line between genius and insanely.

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
You, british peolple, really have weird breakfast !
Can you not doing true breakfast, like french people, good bread, butter and coffee ?
(or, for the cliché, butter croissant and jam ?)

Ok, ok, i'm out, no need to show me the exit :D

my favourite is to get some Spanish Morcilla de Burgos which I absolutely adore
This was unespected Oo
(I mean, i thought only Spanish people knows Morcilla, but yeah, it's pretty good :D
Did you ever try the sobressada ?)

Bigfoot

Grand Master
You, british peolple, really have weird breakfast !
Can you not doing true breakfast, like french people, good bread, butter and coffee ?
(or, for the cliché, butter croissant and jam ?)

Ok, ok, i'm out, no need to show me the exit :D

This was unespected Oo
(I mean, i thought only Spanish people knows Morcilla, but yeah, it's pretty good :D
Did you ever try the sobressada ?)
The trouble with the French breakfast is that it is all carbohydrate and caffeine. Half an hour after eating it, I would be hungry again. This is one area where French cuisine falls well behind the best of British- a full English with high quality sausages, bacon and black pudding.

At a local cafe I know this would be the first plate full

29792317_2121125417912505_4668666396060680192_n.jpg
Clear lack of fried bread

Edit = I take it back its under the egg near the chilli

Last edited: