Performance issue

egorgeg

Enthusiast
AV is anti virus.

Have a look through here, it has some suggestions to optimise settings.

Are you graphics drivers up to date?

Sorry I edited my reply didn't see the new page. I have Bullguard but I've tried running the game without it and it didn't change anything. My Graphics drivers are up to date.

As far as that link goes it's saying I should be fine even at 4k with my 2080ti. The Adaptive shading settings are disabled/controlled with DLSS/RTX so I can't change that. Did I miss something?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Sorry I edited my reply didn't see the new page. I have Bullguard but I've tried running the game without it and it didn't change anything. My Graphics drivers are up to date.

As far as that link goes it's saying I should be fine even at 4k with my 2080ti. The Adaptive shading settings are disabled/controlled with DLSS/RTX so I can't change that. Did I miss something?
You'll need to uninstall Bullguard completely, it causes many issues and windows defender is actually a lot better anyway.

Which exact monitor are you using, the make and model if possible?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Really? I assumed since Defender is free and you pay for Bullguard it's just better.
Defender is actually one of the best AV options out there, as good or better than most paid options.

Ok, so your upsampling to 4k.

And just to verify, you're on the latest windows version and latest graphics driver?

Have you double checked that geforce experience isn't overriding game settings?

1596928870187.png

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Urm.... it's a 75Hz panel, so you'll max out at 75Hz with freesync enabled. The max fps you can achieve is that of the panel, so yeah, makes perfect sense.

There's no point in trying to achieve more than 75fps as the panel can't support it, so you won't see it anyway.

egorgeg

Enthusiast
I do have an update for Windows right now, but that must have been in the last day or something since it was last checked yesterday with no updates. There is a Feature update thats optional should I update to that?

I'm running at 2560 x 1440p on all my games I never upscale, and I know 75 is the limit for my panel I'm not trying to run any higher. I mentioned over 100fps because that's what people were getting on my card, and I wasn't even getting 75 or I was lagging under it. But I fixed that issue it's just stuttering even at a constant 75fps.

I've checked those settings in the GeForce Experience app and it looks the same as yours except no Battery boost option though of course I'm not on Laptop.

If there is a reply I'll have to get back to you I gotta head to bed. Thanks for the help

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm running at 2560 x 1440p on all my games I never upscale, and I know 75 is the limit for my panel I'm not trying to run any higher. I mentioned over 100fps because that's what people were getting on my card, and I wasn't even getting 75 or I was lagging under it. But I fixed that issue it's just stuttering even at a constant 75fps.
It will stutter at anything over 75Hz because the panel doesn't support it. Hz = fps, so 75Hz means a max of 75FPS, anything over that will be out of bound of freesync and stutter like hell. VSync just caps the refresh rate to the max of the monitor, adaptive sync syncs it to the output of the GPU and capped at the highest.

It's working as expected.

There is a Feature update thats optional should I update to that?
Yes, you'll need to update everything.

egorgeg

Enthusiast
Okay I will do a full update tomorrow.

I think you have misread what I have said about fps in this thread. Just so you know I'm not trying to run more than 75fps. I know my monitor is 75Hz and I'm trying to run at 75fps.

I will post here once I've updated and what not if the stuttering issue is still ongoing.

egorgeg

Enthusiast
I got onto the game after doing a Windows update and uninstalling Bullguard, the stuttering issue still persists. I'm starting to think it's just the game doing it for my system as I've seen people saying it can be like that for some. I don't know.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I got onto the game after doing a Windows update and uninstalling Bullguard, the stuttering issue still persists. I'm starting to think it's just the game doing it for my system as I've seen people saying it can be like that for some. I don't know.
What resolution do you have it on with dlss? Just so I’m right, you’re wanting to play at 1440p and just have it play normally? You’re not worried about upscaling?

egorgeg

Enthusiast
What resolution do you have it on with dlss? Just so I’m right, you’re wanting to play at 1440p and just have it play normally? You’re not worried about upscaling?

The DLSS options in-game don't have resolutions. It's Performance, Balanced, and Quality. Yes I'm playing at 1440p. The stuttering issue I'm getting happens on all 3 of thoese settings though.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The DLSS options in-game don't have resolutions. It's Performance, Balanced, and Quality. Yes I'm playing at 1440p. The stuttering issue I'm getting happens on all 3 of thoese settings though.
DLSS is an upsampling technology, so what it does is actually upscale your resolution above what the monitor can produce, ie 4K in your case, then size that picture back down to 1440p. It takes an awful lot of power.

just try turning dlss off, and see how it copes.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I don’t know if this is possible, but I’m willing to bet it’s an issue with the Xbox pc download. Is there anyway to can download it through the Bethesda launcher?

D

Deleted member 17413

There are many things about this thread that confuse me, one of them being whyy on earth pay out for a 11GB ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti and then stick it on a screen with a 75Hz refresh.

Have you thought about replacing the monitor?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
There are many things about this thread that confuse me, one of them being whyy on earth pay out for a 11GB ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti and then stick it on a screen with a 75Hz refresh.

Have you thought about replacing the monitor?
Whilst I agree, that’s not going to solve this issue.

egorgeg

Enthusiast
I have already said in this thread that I am getting a new monitor. Though I know it probably wont solve this issue. When I bought the monitor it was for my older PC. That had a GTX 980 and I wasn't really bothered about G-Sync I just wanted 1440p and it was on sale at the time, the monitor is fine and is really good.

I've just tried the game with DLSS off, with RTX on. It was even worse. I turned off RTX and the sutter was still there but it's the best it's ever been. But why do I have an overclocked i9-9900k with 32GB of RAM and a 2080ti if I'm not maxing this game out.

I'm thinking it could just be me launching from the Xbox Beta app. Only thing I could do to test that would be to buy it on Steam and test it when launching from there. But I don't really want to do that.

D

Deleted member 17413

Does the game require an internet connection?
Also, would a complete fresh install work, including properly stripping out the GPU drivers and reinstalling those to?

D

Deleted member 17413

And the 32GB RAM isnt going to be making any difference here.
The main thing is going to be the GPU really... and is should be eating this up like its breakfast with what youve put in there.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have already said in this thread that I am getting a new monitor. Though I know it probably wont solve this issue. When I bought the monitor it was for my older PC. That had a GTX 980 and I wasn't really bothered about G-Sync I just wanted 1440p and it was on sale at the time, the monitor is fine and is really good.

I've just tried the game with DLSS off, with RTX on. It was even worse. I turned off RTX and the sutter was still there but it's the best it's ever been. But why do I have an overclocked i9-9900k with 32GB of RAM and a 2080ti if I'm not maxing this game out.

I'm thinking it could just be me launching from the Xbox Beta app. Only thing I could do to test that would be to buy it on Steam and test it when launching from there. But I don't really want to do that.
The more I look into this it does seem to be an issue with the gamepass version of the game. I’ve always had issues with any windows store game version to the point I will no longer buy on the platform even if it’s an exclusive.

i realise that’s not helpful for your situation as no doubt this is trying to transfer from a console version? If not, word of warning, always buy off steam or another source.

Im not sure how it works on game pass but it’s a Bethesda game so I’d be surprised if you can’t transfer the license to the Bethesda launcher and install through there. There are many limitations on the gamepass version, it’s actually an entirely different version to steam or anywhere else as is often the case with windows store games.

i don’t think it’s anything to do with your build at all. There’s nothing wrong with the specs and it’s only occurring in this game?

egorgeg

Enthusiast
You can't tranfer anything, it's just through the Game Pass for PC Beta app. You need to be signed into the app to even play the games. Well I can just uninstall this game, lots of other games I have for free on the Game Pass that I can play I guess. Then maybe if I wanna play it again sometime I buy it on Steam.

Assassin's Creed: Origins had the same issue but forcing VSync to on in the NVIDIA Control Panel fixed it right away.