Performing Duck (Competition - win for charity)

Bigfoot

Grand Master
That is a very generous gesture. My chosen charity is the Macular Society. Macular Degeneration has had a big impact on my family. My dad has been suffering from this in both eyes for over 25 years. His parents and many of his siblings also were affected, as are a number of my cousins. Apart from the loss of vision, one of the worst aspects is Charles Bonnet Syndrome, where people with reduced vision start seeing hallucinations that can be quite horrifying.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
@Bhuna50 - I can only echo everyone's praise for you for the fun and generous of heart thread you've bestowed upon us here. As well as this, you're also spreading the love in the Big Fat Giveaway. You truly are a good egg :)

My initial thought was to ask for the donation to go to the Cobra-Kai Dojo but it turns out they lost charitable status after that 'sweep the leg' business.

So my charity of choice would be Hearing Dogs for Deaf People. Whilst we've all felt the ill-effects of isolation over the past year or so, it's something that, as an 'invisible illness', deaf people have to live with all the time. My sister lost her hearing at the age of five and when she was lucky enough to be partnered with a dog from this charity it was a life changer for her.

(The dogs also do loads of other ace stuff, I think that pooch was more intelligent than me)

Thank you again, we all salute you 🙌

Bhuna50

Author Level
@Bhuna50 - I can only echo everyone's praise for you for the fun and generous of heart thread you've bestowed upon us here. As well as this, you're also spreading the love in the Big Fat Giveaway. You truly are a good egg :)

My initial thought was to ask for the donation to go to the Cobra-Kai Dojo but it turns out they lost charitable status after that 'sweep the leg' business.

So my charity of choice would be Hearing Dogs for Deaf People. Whilst we've all felt the ill-effects of isolation over the past year or so, it's something that, as an 'invisible illness', deaf people have to live with all the time. My sister lost her hearing at the age of five and when she was lucky enough to be partnered with a dog from this charity it was a life changer for her.

(The dogs also do loads of other ace stuff, I think that pooch was more intelligent than me)

Thank you again, we all salute you 🙌
A good choice - my wife works in audiology booking in everyone and dealing with the audiologists rotas etc at local NHS here and she always says to me about putting forward this charity for one at work for various things.

Donation made:

1620155083083.png

About to do the other two now :)

Bhuna50

Author Level
That is a very generous gesture. My chosen charity is the Macular Society. Macular Degeneration has had a big impact on my family. My dad has been suffering from this in both eyes for over 25 years. His parents and many of his siblings also were affected, as are a number of my cousins. Apart from the loss of vision, one of the worst aspects is Charles Bonnet Syndrome, where people with reduced vision start seeing hallucinations that can be quite horrifying.

All done and sorry to read about your dad:

1620155274714.png