Perplexed

alastair

Bronze Level Poster
ok so my rigs in pre-production, i am happy with the spec. This week has thrown a dilemma my way do i stick with a gtx470 or swap to a 6870. From what i have read it seems to be a 6 of one, half dozen of the other scenario. It's (hopefully) in the last day or two of pre-production so i need to decide asap.

Damn you pcs if you weren't so busy this would be a mute point lol :p

ps i cannot see myself oc'ing anytime soon.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
The 6870 is rougly £20 cheaper and performs faster than the GTX470...

Sleinous

Author Level
but with no cuda cores for photoshop and no physx for gaming. Choice is yours and the clock is ticking ;)

alastair

Bronze Level Poster
maybe i should just procrastinate long enough for it to go into building (as i'm too tight to pay even a small admin charge) or use the high tech coin system

Gorman

Author Level
It is a very close call, its more of a personal preference thing, its no secret i would go Nvidia.

BIGZIPZ

I cannot wait for the 69** series of cards to come out. I think they are going to blow the 480 out of the water for less power and less money.

Sleinous

Author Level
I cant wait for the new Nvidia GPUs which in turn will blow the 6900s out of the water ;) We can go on and on with our shout wars hehehe, until we have benchmarks under our noses, noone will win :D

Last edited:

Shibin

Enthusiast
Am still dissapointed that i missed such a great deal. Didnt have to pay much to upgrade from 5770 to 6850..which is so much better.