phenom II x6 1090t or i7 930

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
They're both great processors. We don't sell the i7-930 anymore though as we are able to offer the i7-950 at the same price. The i7-950 is faster than the 1090T. :)

Darko

well thats what was my first post over here:p 1090T or i7-930 ?:p and i picked i7-950(930 wasnt in the list) and i didnt regret it :)

Tom DWC

which one is better do you think overall, performance wise?

My heart says 1090T, my head says i7 950.

Either way, you won't be dissapointed.

Last edited:

Tom DWC

well i guess you mean ur heart says I7-950 and your head 1090T since is cheaper :p

Nah, I'm dangerously close to becoming an AMD fanboy lol. :p

The i7s were more expensive at one point but now they've been out for a few years and the price of 1156/1366 motherboards has dropped, the difference between them and the high end AMD market is minimal (still more expensive than AMD's low to mid ranges of course).

Last edited:

Darko

well guess what amd 1090T is the best one which amd has in the market right now (6core) - buldozer will be on different socket. i7-950 (4core) based on 1366 socket which i7-980X is on 1366 socket too(6core) which means you can upgrade in the future when prices drop. i7-950 also outperforms 1090t

Tom DWC

well guess what amd 1090T is the best one which amd has in the market right now (6core) - buldozer will be on different socket. i7-950 (4core) based on 1366 socket which i7-980X is on 1366 socket too(6core) which means you can upgrade in the future when prices drop.

Pretty much. :)

i7-950 also outperforms 1090t

Usually the i7 950 is quicker, but the 1090T is no slouch either. There are a few benchmarks that show the 1090T taking a narrow lead in some tests, but it falls behind in the majority of them - especially memory bandwidth (double channel just can't compete with triple channel).

That's all well and good, but in real world use (far more important) they're both blisteringly fast in operation.

Last edited:

Gorman

Author Level
fanboys4xc.jpg

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
Yeah unfortunately the i7-950 beats the 1090t in most tests aside from things like the Cinebench R10 Multithreaded Benchmark. Software just isn't advancing as fast as hardware right now.

Tom DWC

Me, a fanboy? I don't know what you're talking about... hehe. :rolleyes:

Still, I'm not the worst and I won't be the last.

It's not like I'm trying to justify Sempron vs Gulftown here. :cool:

Last edited: