Phone Materials and build

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Im quite open to different phone manufactures, operating systems and designs etc but a lot of articles lately seem to be hammering on about the quality difference between some android phones and apple phones.

http://www.itproportal.com/2013/03/06/samsung-galaxy-s4-to-be-undermined-by-cheap-plastic-body/

Personally i have preferred the plastic body phones to the high quality of the apple phones with an almost glass finish but i've always seen the plastic models to easier to keep clean and new looking, my iphone was in a case however my note 2 has been quite happy with just a screen protector.

Another thing i remember is all the mobile phone manufacturers coming together to unify their charging ports to USB mini ports to reduce the amount of chargers going around, saving the manufacture and environment and apple have come out with something completely different lightning port. Seems a little defiant in my books but perhaps perhaps it has some technical relevance.

Do you feel that plastic build is a step back? or felt that plastic has swayed your purchases in any way?