Pink Floyd - Animals 2018 Remix

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Probably my favourite Floyd album.
I'm ashamed to say this is the first time I've heard it, and Pink Floyd are one of my favorite bands.

But it's in what I'd consider their heyday with the Wish You Were Here period before it all went too angsty. I love The Wall but find it quite disturbing and can only listen once in a blue moon.

Incredible stuff, although a lot of it is like a continuation from Wish You Were Here and a little from Dark Side.

RobMc

I - as I'm sure many others do - think of this quartet of albums as the Golden Age of Pink Floyd:
- Dark Side of the Moon
- Wish you were here
- Animals
- The Wall

If you've not seen the movie The Wall I highly recommend it for adding layers to all the songs, the movie version of In The Flesh complete with triumphant brass and Bob Geldof's manic vocals really bring a disturbing edge to it. But you're right, it's a much darker album.

Earlier stuff like Ummagumma and Atom Heart Mother I almost regard as a completely different band, and Momentary Lapse of Reason, Division Bell etc are (IMHO) a diluted Pink Floyd. Less said about The Final Cut the better!

But yeah, those 4 Floyd albums, like with Radiohead and OK Computer, they're a zenith IMO- if they had just stopped right there and just kept making albums like those ones, never progressing their sound any further, well I wouldn't complain 🙂

stegor

Bright Spark
I also think Echoes from the Meddle album is superb. Watch Live at Pompeii if you haven't already. The harmonies between Dave Gilmour and Richard Wright on Echoes are brilliant.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I - as I'm sure many others do - think of this quartet of albums as the Golden Age of Pink Floyd:
- Dark Side of the Moon
- Wish you were here
- Animals
- The Wall

If you've not seen the movie The Wall I highly recommend it for adding layers to all the songs, the movie version of In The Flesh complete with triumphant brass and Bob Geldof's manic vocals really bring a disturbing edge to it. But you're right, it's a much darker album.

Earlier stuff like Ummagumma and Atom Heart Mother I almost regard as a completely different band, and Momentary Lapse of Reason, Division Bell etc are (IMHO) a diluted Pink Floyd. Less said about The Final Cut the better!

But yeah, those 4 Floyd albums, like with Radiohead and OK Computer, they're a zenith IMO- if they had just stopped right there and just kept making albums like those ones, never progressing their sound any further, well I wouldn't complain 🙂
I agree with all of this.

The early Sid Barrett albums were too out there and folky for me, just couldn't get on board

Those 4 albums you mention each carry a story, they are true albums and works of genius. The later Gilmour albums (Momentary Lapse) I adore for one or two individual songs, but they're not continuous albums like these four.

It was really the marriage of Gilmour and Waters, they were so juxtaposed with waters anger and angst Vs Gilmours hippyish peace and love attitude.