Places to go in Iceland?

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
Finish my last treatment on the 23rd April (woohoo!).

I want to go away for a week on my own late June/early July and I'm thinking Iceland.

Has anyone ever been? I intend on taking my film camera and drone so ideally I would like relatively remote areas with stunning scenery that I can fly over/film. I'd quite like to hire a car too so I can get about with ease. Do they drive on the right over there?

Thanks!

PS sorry for not being on the forum much of late. Got to sort my health out! 25 is too young to have cancer! I can't believe this happens to younger people too. Bloody cruel...

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Never been to Iceland and apart from some weak jokes about the food or Peter André i cant help you out with too much. Just wanted to say sad news about your health. Hope you are doing ok.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Hey mate, can't advise on Iceland unfortunately, although I would love to go one day too!

Glad to hear you're ok. Hopefully that last treatment is just that :)

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
Thanks folks! At the minute it's looking like Rekyavik and hiring a car :) just got to figure out how to get the camera gear there!

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Thanks folks! At the minute it's looking like Rekyavik and hiring a car :) just got to figure out how to get the camera gear there!

That's what I intend to do (without the camera gear though). Having spoken to a couple of Icelandic bods a while ago, it does seem basing yourself in Reykjavik is the best idea. Travelling round can be either by car or public transport/organised travel etc.