Placing an order

Fabian03

Dumb question but how do I order a system through the website if it won't let me proceed due to items being out of stock ?

Rakk

The Awesome
Dumb question but how do I order a system through the website if it won't let me proceed due to items being out of stock ?
You cannot order things that are marked as out of stock (ie greyed out)
You either have to wait til its back in stock, or order with something else in its place and hope said item that you want comes back into stock before your order (with the substitute item) is built

Fabian03

You cannot order things that are marked as out of stock (ie greyed out)
You either have to wait til its back in stock, or order with something else in its place and hope said item that you want comes back into stock before your order (with the substitute item) is built
I see, how comes people have put in orders with a 3080strix recently when its been out of stock on the configurator for a while, do they phone up and order over the phone ?

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I see, how comes people have put in orders with a 3080strix recently when its been out of stock on the configurator for a while, do they phone up and order over the phone ?
I believe once the order is placed you can go in and select out of stock parts. Is there any reason you're wanting the STRIX? It holds a massive premium over the standard 3080 option for a longer wait and no performance gain.

Fabian03

I believe once the order is placed you can go in and select out of stock parts. Is there any reason you're wanting the STRIX? It holds a massive premium over the standard 3080 option for a longer wait and no performance gain.
Interesting I'll probably do that, as for the strix It has better temps and acoustics than the regular 3080s that PCS use.

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Interesting I'll probably do that, as for the strix It has better temps and acoustics than the regular 3080s that PCS use.
Each to their own. Have you had the build checked over by the forum? If not, I'd advise doing so, they'll be able to get you the best build for your money. We'll need your budget, monitor info (make & model or resolution & refresh rate) and what you plan to do with the PC. The full spec will also be needed. How to post this can be found here.

Fabian03

Each to their own. Have you had the build checked over by the forum? If not, I'd advise doing so, they'll be able to get you the best build for your money. We'll need your budget, monitor info (make & model or resolution & refresh rate) and what you plan to do with the PC. The full spec will also be needed. How to post this can be found here.
I had it checked over a few months back and the people here said i was over spending for my use case but the info they gave me about gaming at 1440p contradicted most of the reviews and benchmarks I've seen and i ultimately decided to weigh up their advice to what I've seen elsewhere and take my chances with what I've seen elsewhere.

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I had it checked over a few months back and the people here said i was over spending for my use case but the info they gave me about gaming at 1440p contradicted most of the reviews and benchmarks I've seen and i ultimately decided to weigh up their advice to what I've seen elsewhere and take my chances with what I've seen elsewhere.
It's up to you but personally I'd take the advice from the people on these forums, especially the 'valued contributors'. They've proved they know what they're talking about and will set you up with a sweet build for your needs.

I'd also agree with them about a 3080 being an overspend for 1440p. We generally tend to recommend the 3060TI for people looking at 1440p, or for the big spenders, a 3070 for those looking to max out their monitors, those looking to use a 240hz 1440p display, or a 1440p ultrawide. Another good option is the 6700XT from AMD.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
You suggested an Intel spec which we advised strongly not to as they are awful chips and platforms vastly outperformed by AMD these days.

No one made any recommendations on GPU as you never replied.

Fabian03

You suggested an Intel spec which we advised strongly not to as they are awful chips and platforms vastly outperformed by AMD these days.

No one made any recommendations on GPU as you never replied.
Yeah the intel thing aswell a fps difference of at maxium 10 fps in cpu limited games for an extra £100 doesn't seem worth it to me but each to their own ig

D

Deleted member 17413

Yeah the intel thing aswell a fps difference of at maxium 10 fps in cpu limited games for an extra £100 doesn't seem worth it to me but each to their own ig
Its not just purely fps though...
The are a long list of things that make Intel a bad choice, thermals and security flaws amongst the major ones.

It isnt just a case of a few extra frames in a game.
But its your money, in the end, you can choose whatever you like to spend it on.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Performance is little to do with it, there are several other far more important reasons which were all linked, but obviously you didn't take the time to read it.