Please advise

I'm looking to purchase a new gaming laptop please advise should I get the Intel i9 9900 or better to go for the i7 9750h

_20190815_171632.JPG

Rakk

The Awesome
It would help if you let people know what you'll be using the laptop for, your max budget and any preferences eg: for portability..

Edit: ok, I obviously entirely missed the bit that said for gaming, oops, but knowing what sorts of games would also be helpful.

Last edited:
It would help if you let people know what you'll be using the laptop for, your max budget and any preferences eg: for portability..

Edit: ok, I obviously entirely missed the bit that said for gaming, oops, but knowing what sorts of games would also be helpful.
Mainly like battlefleet gothic armada 2, SIM city, skylines Citi game, empire total war, strategy mainly and stuff

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
The Octane is a big laptop and not very convenient to carry around. Are you sure it needs to be a laptop?

If you're travelling a lot, one of the lighter chassis than the Octane would make sense.

The Octane is a big laptop and not very convenient to carry around. Are you sure it needs to be a laptop?

If you're travelling a lot, one of the lighter chassis than the Octane would make sense.

Yeah I'm looking for the power of a desktop on a laptop than I can carry I don't mind the weight of it I'm happy with that, due to my job I'd be moving around alot

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
The 9900k and RTX 2080 would give more performance. But at significantly higher cost than a laptop like the 15.6" Vortex (not the 17.3" one)

Arguably a better way to futureproof the laptop is to buy a much less expensive but still very powerful laptop like the 15.6" Vortex, and use the savings to buy a new laptop in a few years.

Whatever you buy:
- 16gb RAM only. 0 point to 32gb RAM for gaming
- don't bother with the Optane memory module. It just eats up an M.2 slot you could put another SSD in.