Plug for my 15,6" PROTEUS IV has fried itself

Brian1zvx

Basically the wiring became slightly exposed (I hadn't noticed) and it nearly set itself alight in my home. Its a good few years old. That is ok. I was wondering the base for this laptop to buy a replacement plug as I'd like to avoid the full 31 euro delivery fee for just a plug and wire. (as well as any potential customs charge as it arrives in Ireland).
Anyone know the "model" of the replacement I will need or a good place to get one ASAP. I potentially only need the "half" that connects from the base power brick to the Laptop itself

Thanks

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Basically the wiring became slightly exposed (I hadn't noticed) and it nearly set itself alight in my home. Its a good few years old. That is ok. I was wondering the base for this laptop to buy a replacement plug as I'd like to avoid the full 31 euro delivery fee for just a plug and wire. (as well as any potential customs charge as it arrives in Ireland).
Anyone know the "model" of the replacement I will need or a good place to get one ASAP. I potentially only need the "half" that connects from the base power brick to the Laptop itself

Thanks
It’s only the SI you bought from that are registered suppliers, so that would be PCS.

I wouldn’t risk a 3rd party cheapy, they tend to cause damage to the battery if not worse.

Brian1zvx

It’s only the SI you bought from that are registered suppliers, so that would be PCS.

I wouldn’t risk a 3rd party cheapy, they tend to cause damage to the battery if not worse.
Issue of course is I used the "upgrade" feature on PCS and ended up with just the plug to power brick component when it's the power brick to laptop component that I need

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
The power supply should be available in your spares/upgrade options (if stocked of course). If you can't see it I would just give PCS a call and see what they can do. You certainly shouldn't need to send the laptop in, it would just be the charger getting shipped out.