PLZ HELP. RESET Problem.

Hi all. So my laptop started running particularly slow recently when it definitely should not be.
I decided to do a full reset as It probably needed a fresh start as it had been a while.
However the reset is taking hours. So far up to about 20hrs. I dont think a full reset should take that long really.
It was on 1% for literally about 4hrs. Then 5% for about 6 hrs and has been stuck on 59% for the last 10hrs.
Anyone have any ideas whats going on?
Or what I should do to speed it up?
I.e. stop the reset somehow? Use a different program to wipe? Etc.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi all. So my laptop started running particularly slow recently when it definitely should not be.
I decided to do a full reset as It probably needed a fresh start as it had been a while.
However the reset is taking hours. So far up to about 20hrs. I dont think a full reset should take that long really.
It was on 1% for literally about 4hrs. Then 5% for about 6 hrs and has been stuck on 59% for the last 10hrs.
Anyone have any ideas whats going on?
Or what I should do to speed it up?
I.e. stop the reset somehow? Use a different program to wipe? Etc.
Can you post your full specs?

Octane Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD IPS LED Widescreen (1920x1080)

Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-6700k (4.0GHz) 8MB Cache
64GB HyperX IMPACT 2133MHz SODIMM DDR4 (4 x 16GB)

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 - 8.0GB GDDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1, G-SYNC

2 X 2TB SERIAL ATA II 2.5" HARD DRIVE WITH 32MB CACHE (5,400rpm)

Can you post the full specs list?
Octane Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD IPS LED Widescreen (1920x1080)

Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-6700k (4.0GHz) 8MB Cache
64GB HyperX IMPACT 2133MHz SODIMM DDR4 (4 x 16GB)

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 - 8.0GB GDDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1, G-SYNC

2 X 2TB SERIAL ATA II 2.5" HARD DRIVE WITH 32MB CACHE (5,400rpm)

Power Supply: 330W AC Adaptor
Power Cable: 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Battery: Octane Series 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (82WH)
Thermal Paste: ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND

Memory Card Reader: Integrated 6 in 1 Card Reader (SD /Mini SD/ SDHC / SDXC / MMC / RSMMC)
Wireless/Wired Networking: GIGABIT LAN & KILLER™ WIRELESS-AC 1535 M.2 GAMING 802.11AC + BLUETOOTH 4.1USB/
Thunderbolt Options: 4 x USB 3.0 Ports + 2 x USB 3.1 Type C Ports
Keyboard Language: OCTANE SERIES BACKLIT UK KEYBOARD WITH NUMBER PAD
Operating System: Genuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Don't do a reset from within windows because that will just leave any issues that are already present.

You need to do a full reinstall from the BIOS:

We have to point out, you've got a very strange drive setup, 2 x slow 5400rpm drives which will be bottlenecking your system.

It would be worth picking up an M2 NVME drive and putting the OS and programs on that, usually a 500Gb is the minimum size to go for. Otherwise you've got a really powerful machine that's slow as hell because of the drives.

Don't do a reset from within windows because that will just leave any issues that are already present.

You need to do a full reinstall from the BIOS:

We have to point out, you've got a very strange drive setup, 2 x slow 5400rpm drives which will be bottlenecking your system.

It would be worth picking up an M2 NVME drive and putting the OS and programs on that, usually a 500Gb is the minimum size to go for. Otherwise you've got a really powerful machine that's slow as hell because of the drives.
I've got the disks that came with the machine. WIndows 10, Drivers, etc.
How would I go about re-resetting now as its been on this 59% for 10hrs?

Attachments

• 20200119_095011.jpg
    20200119_095011.jpg
    735.4 KB · Views: 107

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've got the disks that came with the machine. WIndows 10, Drivers, etc.
How would I go about re-resetting now as its been on this 59% for 10hrs?
You don't use those disks, they'll be very outdated, just install from the link above, create a bootable USB.

Then let windows install all drivers.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
You don't use those disks, they'll be very outdated, just install from the link above, create a bootable USB.

Then let windows install all drivers.
This is the best option but you obviously need another PC to do the download of the latest version of Windows.

If you don't have another PC then you can install Windows from the disks you had from PCS but it will be an older version of Windows.

Simply put the Windows install disk in the drive and reboot. Your laptop should boot the DVD drive first but if it doesn't go into the BIOS setup and set the DVD drive as the first boot device.

Once it's booted click the big Install button. I would recommend choosing a custom install and deleting all system partitions first. Select the in allocated space that results and then click the Next button.

Once Windows is installed run Windows Update repeatedly until no more updates are found. This will install the necessary drivers.

Once you've got a running system I would very strongly advise you to download the latest version from the link above and make a bootable USB stick with it. Then do another clean install using the USB stick to get the latest version installed. I would advise against upgrading the existing Windows system.

EDIT: Sorry I took so long to type that lot and you've had a conversation in the meantime!

Sent using Tapatalk