Poor Microphone Quality

Kiwi

Since lockdown I've been doing a lot of Zooming!

Unfortunately, the inbuilt mic is very poor quality even when plugging in earbud/mic combo. Have tried loads of settings using the installed Asus/Realtek stereo mixer and deleting the devices in Device Manager.

Any thoughts?

Kiwi

External sound card and external semi pro mic

Do you think there is anyway of resolving the issue with the internal sound card?

Gavras

Master Poster
Do you think there is anyway of resolving the issue with the internal sound card?
Have you attached a quality headset with mic via Bluetooth to your PC, not cheap Amazon things but reasonable quality offerings?

I bit the bullet and bought the team decent external mics so everyone had a chance on Teams calls or Zoom meetings.

Cobblers

Enthusiast
I have been using this one, works well enough for me regards work based MS Team calls:

Scroll to bottom of page for updated versions, think they have an orange stripe instead of the blue, which is one I have. Purchased mine in 2016 and no issues with it at all, voice quality is good from what those tell me. It connects via USB, 3.5 mm Jack.

Having a seperate mic means I go for a better quality headset which in turn removes the extra weight associated with headsets that have a mic connected.