Poor selection of cases

SPYUK148

There is a very poor selection of cases available at the moment, so poor that i'm having to look elsewhere for my next purchase.

Where are the Fractal, Be Quiet! and Lian Li options?

Gavras

Master Poster
If not in stock, you can get your own and send it in.

funnily enough post Christmas etc means a few orders.

have you tried online chat to ask when the cases are back in stock.

for example the 500D SE was out of stock for a while but now back in stock.

scarpa1

Enthusiast
The Fractal Meshify S2 and the Lian Li Lancool ll are available in the liquid series section so perhaps you can call and ask if these are available in other builds, not sure if that's an option but worth trying perhaps.

SodaO

You can always by a case elsewhere and send it in to PCS - they offer that option.
Yep, that's a nice service. Just be sure to match your components to the case in terms of fit. pcpartpicker.com is a great resource to check compatibility.

RusselJ

I am waiting on the Fractal Design Define 7 which was in stock a few days ago. It is a shame there is no option to select it as a pre-order and be placed on waiting list. I can't even place an order now. Very disappointing!

Gavras

Master Poster
I am waiting on the Fractal Design Define 7 which was in stock a few days ago. It is a shame there is no option to select it as a pre-order and be placed on waiting list. I can't even place an order now. Very disappointing!
Then simply buy the case else where, a simple google shows a few places have them.

Then just have shipped directly to PCS.

Your order will then match up with case when it arrives.

Me4499

It seems it is changing, there is one Be Quiet case showing now.

There are 7 Corsair cases available ranging from £44 to £175. Are they really unpopular or they just happened to get a large delivery of them or had a lot of existing stock? I imagine we will probably never know if it's the latter two, searching throw the forums will likely show if they are popular or not.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It seems it is changing, there is one Be Quiet case showing now.

There are 7 Corsair cases available ranging from £44 to £175. Are they really unpopular or they just happened to get a large delivery of them or had a lot of existing stock? I imagine we will probably never know if it's the latter two, searching throw the forums will likely show if they are popular or not.
Corsair cases are very popular.

Gavras

Master Poster
There was a delivery of Corsair case I believe, as the rather nice 500D SE had been out of stock for a while and is back in stock (or was).

The Corsair cases (cough, especially 500D SE) are good choices for a build.

matt3

I was curious about something: how come if you place a PC order, and then amend it, you have a much bigger selection of cases? is it because the system will show you all the out of stock too?

Bigfoot

Grand Master
I had a saved quote with a 500D SE. I was able to order this although the case showed as out of stock almost immediately afterwards in the configurator. If I look under amendments there are many more cases available, including the Fractal Define 7, which was my original choice before it became unavailable.

RICH74

Bronze Level Poster
Ah is that the mistake I’ve made? It’s let me amend my order to an out of stock case?

That’s a fundamental website flaw if so.

RICH74

Bronze Level Poster
So it let me amend my order to one of coolermaster H500, doesn’t show in stock on main page but in amend my order there was a green tick next to in stock.

So I’m foobar’d now?

RICH74

Bronze Level Poster
True. I guess its not the first thing that comes to mind to come back to this thread to say that however its a bit daft if that's how it works i.e you can choose an out of stock case. But as you say, nobody knows exactly how it works.