Portable and light gaming laptop.

Hello,

I'm looking for a laptop that's quite powerful but maintains great portability, ideally with a strong cpu, dedicated graphics card, 16gb ram, weight under 2kg, and the thinner the better.

It'll mainly be used for Web browsing and very occasional gaming and light photo editing. Though the gaming will be on rare occasions, I'll be playing intense games like Cities Skylines so need something that can handle the demands of that. I do travel a lot which is why a laptop is what I'm seeking over a desktop. I also don't mind having a laptop with a smaller screen if need be.

I've seen the Fusion Pro which looks promising, as it will have nearly everything I need, I know 4k is wasted but there's no other options in it. Has anyone had experience of it? Are there any reviews of the chassis?

Alternatively, are there are other laptops pcs have which are highly portable yet capable?

Thanks in advance!

robin h 25

Also, pcs doesn't list dimensions of laptops so if you could include these I'd appreciate it. Thanks
They do, its under Detailed Specification, that I've circled in red in the bottom image

2020-03-26 (1)_LI.jpg

Ahh perfect thanks, was looking on mobile so didn't see it.
Do you know if this laptop will then meet the specs I'm after? It won't overheat or anything either?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ahh perfect thanks, was looking on mobile so didn't see it.
Do you know if this laptop will then meet the specs I'm after? It won't overheat or anything either?
It will struggle with any gaming, but would be fine for other uses.

The CPU is a low powered CPU, so is not as powerful as an H series that you’d find in the cosmos.

if it were me, I’d sacrifice the lightness for a 15”, they’re not much heavier and most laptop backpacks are designed for 15” anyway, but they’re oodles more powerful in every way.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ok, thanks Spyder.

In that case which laptop would you recommend to maintain an amount of portability with a H series CPU?
The Cosmos VIII with an MX250 GPU would be far more powerful, plus thermals should be fantastic and it's still very portable at
2.2KG including Battery... it's double the weight of the Fusion, but just a whole different level in performance.

Thanks for the info.
Ideally I would have wanted sub 2kg, I've seen the xps 15 and a triton 500 both with a H series i7, at 2kg or less. I really want a pcs laptop though which is why I'm using these numbers as a benchmark.

Is the cosmos the lightest gaming laptop on offer with pcs? I can increase budget upto £1700.

Having had another look at the Fusion Pro, I've customised the spec as below. It looks like it's using a H series processor which would mean gaming should be fine, the only minor inconvenience I see being that ram is single channel rather than dual channel?

Chassis & Display
Fusion Pro Series: 15.6" 4K OLED Widescreen (3840x2160)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 Six Core Processor 9750H (2.6GHz, 4.5GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair 2666MHz SODIMM DDR4 (1 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 - 4.0GB GDDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st M.2 SSD Drive
250GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 2300MB/W)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Having had another look at the Fusion Pro, I've customised the spec as below. It looks like it's using a H series processor which would mean gaming should be fine, the only minor inconvenience I see being that ram is single channel rather than dual channel?
It's dual channel RAM, but you can configure a single stick if you want to, better option would be to have 2 x 8Gb