Positive feedback for PCS

Maleko64

After reading the thread about problems with PCS and comments that no-one usually posts positive responses - I had my new pc delivered today - (the waiting had been killing me!) - carefully opened the packaging - full of anticipation - only to find that the case was missing a foot, so was uneven. There was a spare foot in the box, but this was unfortunately broken and couldn't be seated in the hole in the case.

I got onto PCS via the live chat - they said a replacement would be sent out. I then got an email apologising and asking for a picture to confirm the case and the foot.

Just had a text and email to say the replacements have been sent out via Royal Mail on next day delivery!

So here, just to buck the trend, is a very satisfied customer! :clap:

(must point out i haven't actually got the machine up and running yet - thought it best to wait)

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
After reading the thread about problems with PCS and comments that no-one usually posts positive responses - I had my new pc delivered today - (the waiting had been killing me!) - carefully opened the packaging - full of anticipation - only to find that the case was missing a foot, so was uneven. There was a spare foot in the box, but this was unfortunately broken and couldn't be seated in the hole in the case.

I got onto PCS via the live chat - they said a replacement would be sent out. I then got an email apologising and asking for a picture to confirm the case and the foot.

Just had a text and email to say the replacements have been sent out via Royal Mail on next day delivery!

So here, just to buck the trend, is a very satisfied customer! :clap:

(must point out i haven't actually got the machine up and running yet - thought it best to wait)

Well so far so good, but don't count your chickens just yet haha. Thank you for letting us all know, it's appreciated. Looking forward to seeing the pictures and further comments ;)

Maleko64

Hello and welcome to the community, glad to hear you positive remarks. :)

Been lurking for ages - taken a long time to get to actually ordering! (had to persuade "the good wife" that our 8-year old Athlon XP machine from Mesh was slowly dying and wasn't really worth spending any money on)

I think I must have put together about 20 quotes for specs over the past year - then having been given the "yes it really is okay to get a new pc" line I took the plunge a couple of weeks ago - this is what I went for:

Case
PCS ALPHA TRION 7622B BLACK CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD FX-6350 Six Core CPU (4.2/3.9GHZ - 8MB CACHE/AM3+)
Motherboard
ASUS® M5A97 LE R2.0 (DDR3, USB3.0, 6Gb/s)
Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz (1 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
1GB AMD RADEON™ HD6450 - DVI,HDMI,VGA - DX® 11
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
120GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 555MB/sR | 510MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1003FZEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply
CORSAIR 350W VS SERIES™ VS-350 POWER SUPPLY
Processor Cooling
Super Quiet 22dBA Triple Copper Heatpipe AMD CPU Cooler
Sound Card
ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Power Cable
1 x 2 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence
DVD Recovery Media
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) DVD with paper sleeve
Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

I realise the GPU is a bit rubbish, but other than Football Manager, I don't really play games on the pc (have xbox for that) - so it was more about cpu, ram and HD spec - it also helped keep the budget down to a more "agreeable" :winkiss: amount - and a GPU is something that can always be upgraded in the future.

It's just frustrating that after 2 weeks of anticipation - the case has a missing foot! Still - can't fault PCS on the response I've had to the problem.

Just hope it actually works when I turn it on!!!!

Maleko64

Well, good to their word, the replacement foot has arrived in the post this morning! Sadly I'm at work, but I have it good authority that the one that came in the post looks like it should be okay with the required "element" in the middle present to be able to seat it correctly on the case.

Still, gives me something to look forward to later.......