Possibility of Graphics card upgrade for Enigma III 540?

r50z

Hey there :)

Will there be any upgrades for the Graphics Cards on the Enigma III 540 Series available in future?

I've already ordered my Enigma III 540 and its on the 4th working day atm I will be using it for 3D Modelling/Animation in the near future, and im worried that I havent ordered a powerful enough laptop and spend my £825 budget on something that wont be powerful enough :(

I was wondering if there would be any upgrades available in the next year or two for the GPU even if that meant buying a new CPU ect and power supply for the GPU upgrade?

I mean will it even be possible to upgrade my current GPU? Even if I did change alot of other components inside?

Currently I have Ordered:

Chassis & Display Enigma III 540: 15.6" Glossy FHD LED (1920x1080) (Special Offer)

Processor (CPU): Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-2670QM (2.20GHz) 6MB

Memory (RAM): 8GB SAMSUNG 1333MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (2 x 4GB)

Graphics Card: nVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M - 2GB DDR3 Video RAM - DirectX® 11

Memory - 1st Hard Disk: 750GB WD SCORPIO BLUE WD7500BPVT, SATA 3 Gb/s, 8MB CACHE (5400 rpm)

More to the point will there be any GTX series upgrades for it?

Like the ones below:

- 1.5GB nVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 560M - DirectX® 11 ( Or 2x 1.5GB GTX 560M SLI)

- 2.0GB nVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 580M - DirectX® 11

Or any other better/new ones that come out in future?

Thankyou for your time.

Rajesh

Last edited:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
nope dont think so, its mainly the cooling system that prevents upgrades in laptops, and laptop graphics cant be upgraded anyway

AshleyUK

Bronze Level Poster
Vortex and above you can swap the Graphics Card's belongs future card's are the same size/format MXM, and are less than the 100 watt's that the cooling system is designed for, however the Enigma dosent have swappable GPU, they are solded directly onto the motherboard, and also the Cooling is designed for a low watt Graphics's card so I don't think your be seeing anyting higher than the current offered Card.

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
Your laptop is still pretty powerful, I wouldn't worry! It is much more powerful than what you could have bought on the high street for the same price. Yeah, as the others said, there is no way you can upgrade the gpu.