Possible Driver for HS 7970!

Benadiction

Bronze Level Poster

Xii_Damian

Bronze Level Poster
I'd personally wait, an hope AMD hurry, I know Alienware Drivers for HD 7970m perform well, but I'm not sure if they would be compatible

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
The comments look good to me, but install at your own risk, if something does go wrong, you may have potentially voided your warranty, although I can't confirm that

Benadiction

Bronze Level Poster
The comments look good to me, but install at your own risk, if something does go wrong, you may have potentially voided your warranty, although I can't confirm that

Aye just what I was thinking mate, would be interesting to hear what the guys at PCS think.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
We cannot recommend any drivers other than the offical drivers supplied. Unless the drivers/software overclock the GPU which could potentially cause harm there is nothing ventured nothing gained in trying them. Worst case scenario is that your laptop will BSOD and you might need to re-install the drivers and/or the OS.

marhask

I'm Glad i could help you guyes. Great to hear that they are ok with them. I should recieve my laptop somwhere on friday. It already arrived to mi sisters house back in london last week and she just shipped it to me to Slovakia. I'll do also some testing and report which drivers is the best for me. But until than you can try the new just leaked beta 12.7 driver that now officialy supports the 7970m. http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=364682