Possible Security Threat

Sweep695

Gold Level Poster
My PC has been running fine since the suggested updates and have had no issues since. Been looking at task manager a lot more though and noticed quite a few processes for NVIDIA share and one in particular which was local service no network firewall which concerned me a bit was just wondering if anyone knew if these processes were normal. I’m also currently using 4.8gb of memory according to task manager which I’m not sure is normal or not but seems a bit high to me. Could anyone advise if what I’ve described is normal app scans etc have returned nothing

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
My PC has been running fine since the suggested updates and have had no issues since. Been looking at task manager a lot more though and noticed quite a few processes for NVIDIA share and one in particular which was local service no network firewall which concerned me a bit was just wondering if anyone knew if these processes were normal. I’m also currently using 4.8gb of memory according to task manager which I’m not sure is normal or not but seems a bit high to me. Could anyone advise if what I’ve described is normal app scans etc have returned nothing
Just sit back and relax.

You've done a fresh install, it's fine

Sweep695

Gold Level Poster
Hi, I’ve just had the blue screen for the first time since the original issues. I looked up the error code and it seems it maybe be an out of date driver. I have the latest Nvdida one installed from GeForce experience and done all windows updates. Is there anything else that I should be updating from a particular site or anything which may have caused this?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Hi, I’ve just had the blue screen for the first time since the original issues. I looked up the error code and it seems it maybe be an out of date driver. I have the latest Nvdida one installed from GeForce experience and done all windows updates. Is there anything else that I should be updating from a particular site or anything which may have caused this?
If you have a file called C:\Windows\Memory.dmp upload it to the cloud and post a link to it here.

If you have any files in the folder C:\Windows\Minidumps upload those to the cloud and post a link to them here.

Sweep695

Gold Level Poster
maybe try and copy and paste it instead
It’s still doing the same so might just have to wait it out. Would anyone also be able to tell me the best way to ensure all drives are up to date as reading through posts online that seems to be the most common cause of BSOD. I run the windows updates and use GeForce experience for the others. Will this mean there are some drivers which have to be updated from the manufacturers site that won’t automatically download with windows or through experience?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
A kernel dump is well over 1GB, often in excess of 1.5GB. It's a big file and will take a while to upload, especially on a slow link - remember your upload speed is a small fraction of your download speed). There are no special permissions for the file, just copy it to your favourite cloud storage provider (Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, etc. etc.).

It’s still doing the same so might just have to wait it out. Would anyone also be able to tell me the best way to ensure all drives are up to date as reading through posts online that seems to be the most common cause of BSOD. I run the windows updates and use GeForce experience for the others. Will this mean there are some drivers which have to be updated from the manufacturers site that won’t automatically download with windows or through experience?
The most common driver failure is the Nvidia graphics driver. I don't know whether you've done this already, but download and install DDU, use that to remove existing graphics drivers (it will reboot), then install the graphics driver you downloaded. DO NOT install the Nvidia Audio feature, we've had others have issues with that conflicting with the Realtek audio driver.

Sweep695

Gold Level Poster
A kernel dump is well over 1GB, often in excess of 1.5GB. It's a big file and will take a while to upload, especially on a slow link - remember your upload speed is a small fraction of your download speed). There are no special permissions for the file, just copy it to your favourite cloud storage provider (Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, etc. etc.).

The most common driver failure is the Nvidia graphics driver. I don't know whether you've done this already, but download and install DDU, use that to remove existing graphics drivers (it will reboot), then install the graphics driver you downloaded. DO NOT install the Nvidia Audio feature, we've had others have issues with that conflicting with the Realtek audio driver.
What is DDU? When I installed the most recent graphics driver I did a clean install from GeForce experience without the audio feature as someone also reccomeded I don’t do that. Other than the graphics driver is there any other drivers I should be keep updated that doesn’t don’t it automatically?

Harag

Gold Level Poster
What is DDU? When I installed the most recent graphics driver I did a clean install from GeForce experience without the audio feature as someone also reccomeded I don’t do that. Other than the graphics driver is there any other drivers I should be keep updated that doesn’t don’t it automatically?

DDU - Display Driver Uninstaller. Download from the below link. Reboot PC into SAFE mode, then run the uninstaller.

Sweep695

Gold Level Poster
I had just went on to event viewer and seen the critical error was kernel power if that helps. When I searched that up it sound it could be to do with duplicate sound and video game controllers. I have two high definition audio devices as well as an NVIDIA virtual audio device in there. Could this be causing the problem?