Possible third installment of the 28 days later

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I adore this series, the first film blew me away because it was so down to earth in the setting and the characters, it wasn’t some drummed up polished affair, it was raw which just made it even more creepy.

The music in the first film was so good with 2 tracks making a big impact, they only produced a few vinyl copies, which I was lucky enough to pick up before prices skyrocketed, it came with an awesome poster, and the inner sleeves are printed with a really cool comic strip done by Glyn Dillon, who is a very famous comic strip artist. This was released in 2003 when vinyl was all but abandoned, so there are very few copies still around and to find one complete with poster and in great condition you’re looking at £300, and they come up rarely. It's one of the Jewels in my collection

20230304_190025.jpg

20230304_190034.jpg

20230304_190144.jpg

The End

In the house, in a heartbeat

And featuring the stunning Brian Eno’s - An Ending (Ascent)

The second film was a good follow up, although a little more cinamatographised.

So now a third titled 28 Years Later still with Danny Boyle directing and the original screen writer, and also still with Cillian Murphy? God YES! Bring it on!

Last edited:

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
I adore this series, the first film blew me away because it was so down to earth in the setting and the characters, it wasn’t some drummed up polished affair, it was raw which just made it even more creepy.

The music in the first film was so good with 2 tracks making a big impact, they only produced a few vinyl copies, which I was lucky enough to pick up before prices skyrocketed, it came with an awesome poster, and the inner sleeves are printed with a really cool comic strip done by Glyn Dillon, who is a very famous comic strip artist. This was released in 2003 when vinyl was all but abandoned, so there are very few copies still around and to find one complete with poster and in great condition you’re looking at £300, and they come up rarely. It's one of the Jewels in my collection

View attachment 37624
View attachment 37625
View attachment 37626

The End

In the house, in a heartbeat

And featuring the stunning Brian Eno’s - An Ending (Ascent)

The second film was a good follow up, although a little more cinamatographised.

So now a third titled 28 Years Later still with Danny Boyle directing and the original screen writer, and also still with Cillian Murphy? God YES! Bring it on!

plot twist, there all on their smartphones instead of turning into zombies

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
Yes, and the virus has mutated and so changed name from "Rage" to "Swipe"

for some reason Ive imagined the narrator as david attenborough

"And here, sitting on a bench, looking at snapchat, is a teen, scared of all surroundings and gets frightened easily, infected with a killer virus that takes selfies, one can only imagine how hostile this being will become if you take away there samsung galaxy s23.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Don't mind if they simply got to 28 Months Later as it will give them a chance to resolve the film in the final 28 Years Later.

Imagine how much it would cost if they got all the original stars (Cillian Murphy, Naomi Harris, Brendan Gleeson, Christopher Eccleston, Robert Carlyle, Jeremy Renner, Rose Byrne, Idris Elba, Imogen Poots, et al) back from Days & Weeks :unsure:

Don't forget the graphic novel 28 Days Later: The Aftermath from 2007...also available as an animated short...

28 Days Later: The Aftermath - Stage 1: Development

28 Days Later: The Aftermath - Stage 2: Outbreak
[can't find]

28 Days Later:The Aftermath - Stage 3: Decimation

28 Days Later: The Aftermath - Stage 4: Quarantine
[can't find]

Still torn between wanting a 4k version of both, as Days looks terrible on a large 4k OLED, upscaling from about 500p looks terrible - but then you'd have to live with the knowledge that the original was shot on a cheap camera and any upscaling would have to be done by AI, and would lose a lot of it's grittiness.

Last edited: