Post deleted?

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
I got a notification saying that my post in THIS thread was deleted. I only wrote it in Italian (and English) because I'm THAT GUY who is kind enough to reply in their language (even though I used Google Translator) and thought I was helping out.

I'm sure no one needed to delete my post.

If these are English forums, then those who post in another language should be deleted too

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hello,

I don't really want to be a ... nuisance, and i know that moderator try to do their best with this forum life (and they do a wonderfull job, let's be clear on that point ^^)

But as i said somewhere else, the pcs english forum is the liveliest of all pcs forums, so, sometime, user from other native language come here because they need help, or to give feedback.

And sometime, some user (here, @FishyFrags , or me, yesterday in another topic) try to answer in the native language of the original poster to help them or to encourage them to post in english (or just to remind them that google translate can do good job :D)

Anyway, the point of this post, after this preamble, it's, may i suggest to, if the post is in the 2 languages (to allow moderator to know what it's said) to not edit/delete the message ?

I hope (and i'm pretty sure, in fact) that every polyglot user here are mature enought to not troll and to help people in need ...

Well, that's my tought about this subject, but as i'm not a moderator, and as i don't want to add anymore workload on their shoulders, i'll follow your way ^^

Kindly yours,

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Hello,

I don't really want to be a ... nuisance, and i know that moderator try to do their best with this forum life (and they do a wonderfull job, let's be clear on that point ^^)

But as i said somewhere else, the pcs english forum is the liveliest of all pcs forums, so, sometime, user from other native language come here because they need help, or to give feedback.

And sometime, some user (here, @FishyFrags , or me, yesterday in another topic) try to answer in the native language of the original poster to help them or to encourage them to post in english (or just to remind them that google translate can do good job)

Anyway, the point of this post, after this preamble, it's, may i suggest to, if the post is in the 2 languages (to allow moderator to know what it's said) to not edit/delete the message ?

I hope (and i'm pretty sure, in fact) that every polyglot user here are mature enought to not troll and to help people in need ...

Well, that's my tought about this subject, but as i'm not a moderator, and as i don't want to add anymore workload on their shoulders, i'll follow your way ^^

Kindly yours,
I agree with your suggestion that those with the appropriate language skills should reply to foreign language posts that find their way on here in the relevant language. BUT they should restrict their comment to simply indicating that the UK forum is English language only and possibly directing the poster to the PCS site in their language.

That this is the liveliest of all PCS forums is unsurprising, PCS are a UK based company. Since there are PCS forums in other languages, the moderators will continue to ensure that these UK forums are English language only.

I don't know who deleted the post from @FishyFrags, it seemed perfectly reasonable to me, but we cannot allow non-English discussions to develop on these UK forums. Perhaps if non English speakers used their native language forums more often they would become livelier?

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I agree with your suggestion that those with the appropriate language skills should reply to foreign language posts that find their way on here in the relevant language. BUT they should restrict their comment to simply indicating that the UK forum is English language only and possibly directing the poster to the PCS site in their language.

That this is the liveliest of all PCS forums is unsurprising, PCS are a UK based company. Since there are PCS forums in other languages, the moderators will continue to ensure that these UK forums are English language only.

I don't know who deleted the post from @FishyFrags, it seemed perfectly reasonable to me, but we cannot allow non-English discussions to develop on these UK forums. Perhaps if non English speakers used their native language forums more often they would become livelier?
I fully agree with you
And that was my point, the users that don't speak english may not be able to "understand" the answer, so we can give them the 2 options, google translate and/or posting in english, or going to their native language forum ^^

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

It was me who deleted it I think. I've always done that, when posting in the ops native tongue it tends to spur responses in that language rather than English.