Post formatting options (bullets/lists)

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I've been following this thread using Firefox...and I really have no clue what you are all on about. The only post where I saw a difference was Scott's one where there was a gap in front of the sentences....every other post has simply showed normal text. Are these posts supposed to look different or am I just being my usual thick self? :unsure:
On my iMac I couldn't see any of the lists in the posts. The formatting said they were there, but the display said no.

If it's now been fixed, all the old & broken posts should appear correctly too.

On my iMac, no matter the browser, mine was showing something like:

NumberedList1​
NumberedList2​
NumberedList3​
NumberedList4​

and

BulletedList1​
BulletedList2​
BulletedList3​
BulletedList4​

Instead of:
  1. NumberedList1
  2. NumberedList2
  3. NumberedList3
  4. NumberedList4
and
  • BulletedList1
  • BulletedList2
  • BulletedList3
  • BulletedList4
Also seems to work in all browsers I've tried (on Mac, under Catalina):
  • Safari (and tech preview)
  • Edge Chromium
  • Brave
  • Firefox
  • Waterfox
  • Opera
  • Tor Browser

Last edited:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I've been following this thread using Firefox...and I really have no clue what you are all on about. The only post where I saw a difference was Scott's one where there was a gap in front of the sentences....every other post has simply showed normal text. Are these posts supposed to look different or am I just being my usual thick self? :unsure:
I'm seeing similar to you in waterfox, I can see and create the numbered lists, but those supposedly with bullets don't show the bullets, i've not looked in edge

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
From home I see some of the formatting, but not all of it. In work.... I see none. Not sure why the style sheets would be different, is it a Java limitation or something?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Just logged onto the work compudah and checking on Chrome... no bullets, just numbers.

Internet Explorer hilariously shows both.