Post formatting options (bullets/lists)

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Is the forum software supposed to allow bulleted/numbered lists, or has this been disabled, as it doesn't matter whether I use the short-cuts for this formatting, or use the codes...I get nothing.

Is it a bug, is it a known issue, is it a "don't mention the missing bullets" type thing?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
This is a bulleted list

1. This is list item 1
  2. This is list item 2
  3. This is list item 3

This is not a bulleted list

Edit: You're right, the BCC code defines the list but it's not displayed as such. I'll pass it on. Thanks!

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Just for a bit of trouble-shooting, I've tried it on W10 and MacOS Catalina, and on Safari, Edge Chromium, Brave, Firefox and Opera.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
  • 50% of the way there - well done 👍
Also, remove formatting only works for simple formatting, such as bold/italic (that may be intentional though).

BTW, this is all just to keep my mind off waiting for my RTX3080 (or for an RX6800XT - I'll take either).

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I'm using Vivaldi and I don't see the bulleted nor numbered lists, in TapaTalk I do.....

I also see them in Microsoft Edge.

1. This
  2. Is
  3. A
  4. Bulleted
  5. List
But I can't create them...! Though I can create an ordered list it seems.

Back to Vivaldi...

• This
  • Is
  • A
  • Bulleted
  • List

1. This
  2. Is
  3. An
  4. Ordered
  5. List

Nope. It's certainly browser affected.

Last edited:

Voeille

Bronze Level Poster
I see the numbered lists but not the bullets for the unordered lists. This is because the ul element is styled with overflow: hidden and padding: 0 (overriding Chrome's default 40px for ul), which hides the bullets.

And by the way, while Chrome can be annoying with its bugs and sometimes lack of standard compliance that means adding extra code to fix stuff, it's an absolute dream compared to what I need to do for pages that require IE11 support... *shivers*

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Update from my end... I’m now looking on Safari via my iPhone and can now see some of the numbered ones, but still no bullet points.