Power socket on the side vs rear?

rb2610

I'm looking at getting one of your laptops, but it seems like a lot of the models have the AC Socket on the rear, which personally I find hugely inconvenient compared to on the side, it gets in the way if you have it on your lap etc.
Are there any alternatives to the Optimus IV with a GTX660, but with the AC socket on the side instead?

If not, how is the power cable shaped? As an 'L' shaped connector would be less obstructive than a straight one, so possibly not too much of a problem.

Thanks!

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to our forums :)

Unfortunately we don't have any alternatives with the GT 660M and a power socket on the side. The power connector is also straight as far as I am aware.

rb2610

Thanks, is the power cable pretty standard in terms of connections and specifications, so would it be easy enough to find an appropriate replacement that works with the laptop?

Also, how sturdy is the power socket, I have a Dell at the moment with it's power supply at the back, and after a couple of months use the laptop occasionally stops charging because of a weak connection in the power supply (which is apparently a frequent problem with that model), is the socket pretty sturdy (i.e. will it work fine even if knocked occasionally)?

Thanks again!

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Just checked our warehouse this morning - the adapter is in-fact an "L" shape. Any laptop can take an occasional knock buy many occasional knocks are going to cause damage to the connector and could cause it to stop charging.

rb2610

Excellent, thank you very much.

And yeah, of course, I tend to be pretty careful with laptops, it just seems that the one I have at the moment has a reputation for dodgy AC connections. Doesn't sound like it should be a problem at all on your laptops though. Good to know.