Power supply error?

T_Pryce

hi there i got my new desktop yesterday - for some reason whenever i boot it up it's fine. but after about 10 minutes it will turn off by itself restart and then give me this message - " Power supply surges detected during the previous power on. ASUS anti-surge was triggered to protect system from unstable power supply unit. Now i mean come on? i've had it what 3 hours? and it's done this already.. Had it really been through product testing and quality control? Any ideas on how to fix this would be great.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Try contacting technical support, I think there are other threads related to the same issue.

T_Pryce

Contacted customer support, spoke to wayne! was very helpful and got my pc back up and running over the phone! :) thanks.

T_Pryce

I was prompted to disable the Anti surge protection And was told the PSU will still protect against it. To do this when booting up your computer tap delete to go into the BIOS Settings, or access them how you would do normally, Go to advanced mode, then monitor and go to the bottom and diable the anti surge protection.

Obviously this solution was based on my Bios and computer settings it might be different for a different set up!

Hope i helped!