A

kruppsy

Master
Sounds like there's some play in the fan's spinning axis, meaning it could spin at an angle thats clipping the housing (dodgy bearing?) but also be completely fine because once its spinning it should stay stable on that axis unless dust or vibrations knock it off its plane. Im sure it shouldnt be doing it though. RMAsville?

steaky360

Definitely worth getting in touch with PCS about - it might only be a little problem now but if it gets worse it could cause a failure of the PSU meaning you couldn't use your PC anymore!

Always worth a quick phonecall / email in my opinion :)

kruppsy

Master
It sounded like something very similar to what happened to me once with a PSU and that's what it was. Its hard to know for sure without looking at it. If you can touch the fan, just check to see if there's some play (wobble), enough for it to get close to the housing. This will be eccentuated when spinning at speed so if there's play, and its close, it could be the cause.

Double check for other things like loose wires that might be sneaking close by as well.

Its really important your PSU is kept cool though so if it is dodgy dont be afraid to check with PCS to see if you are eligible for an RMA.

Good luck :)

kruppsy

Master
Id phone PCS mate.

You'll get an answer straight away about what you need to do or they could talk you through some more methods of checking what it could be. At least then you can make preparations for being without a PC for a while (if needs be) and the last thing you'd want is it to fail now and then you would be stuffed, like steaky says.

Karnor00

Bright Spark
As kruppsy mentioned it sounds very much like a wobbly fan. I've had lots of case fans do this to me - typically doesn't really affect performance but the noise is incredibly annoying.

I'd recommend getting it replaced as well.