PowerColor HD6970 2GB

Manxjason

Silver Level Poster
Anyone know if the PCS supplied card can be overclocked? I'm assuming it can be through AMD Overdrive?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
i guess ya could then, but if it dies because of the overclock, ya would lose ya warranty. I think anyway,..

Manxjason

Silver Level Poster
Yeah won't be OC yet for sure, no need to as I've seen vids of it handing BF3 nicely in ultra. Just handy to know, and of course something to tick me over while I wait for delivery. All ivedone for 2 weeks is research research research the parts I ordered!!

Manxjason

Silver Level Poster
Lol it's funny, no matter how much you do, something else always crops up, which then needs further investigation lol. Damn PCS despatch and rid me of this cycle!!

tom_gr7

Life Serving
even when ya get the pc, you will think....."hmmmm what could i do to improve it.....I could get some fans here, fan controller there, sound card.....etc etc"

lol I cant stop!

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
You will have the option to overclock your GPU through amd overdrive as you say.
ccc is now called AMD VISION Engine control center,
It will allow you to manually or automatically overclock the clock settings on your ATI video card's GPU and memory. It will also let you manually control the video card's fan speed.
couple things to be aware of,
Overclocking your video card will void your warranty.
when you unlock amd overdrive it cannot be reverted.