PowerGlide Extreme: Silent Fan?

Otacon

I recently purchased a PowerGlide Extreme AIO PC from PCS. Everything is working great, however the fan is quite loud - probably not for other people but if I try to record audio using a mic, there is a noticable hum in the background.

Can you recommend any replacement silent fans that are compatible with this AIO?

ChrisByatt

Silver Level Poster
If you open up the case you should be able to find the diameter of the fan written on it somewhere, or it might even be written on the website/a call to PCS and they will tell you. Any silent fan with the same diameter will do the trick I'd imagine :)

steaky360

I'd definitely get in touch with PCS for advice on a new fan, if its merely an air intake fan you'll probably be ok swapping it over for a silent model but obviously if its a component cooling fan you might find that it gets much hotter with a more silent fan (As they typically spin slower) of course, you could simply find a better quality quieter fan, but I'd still doubt it would be as quiet as the silent types.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
what steaky said, give PCS a call.

I have a feeling it may be a gpu or cpu fan tht is making the noise... which makes its kinda hard to replace... cpu fan may be changeable depending on the cpu cooler/space available...but if its from the GPU you wont be able to change anything.