Powerpack Troubles

Graeme

I may not be the only person in this situation but last month my 19v 11.57a 220w powerpack for my vortex 3 broke and ive been waiting for a replacement ever since, but the stock for this item has never been replenished.

I want to know if the 19.5v 11.8a 230w powerpack for the vortex 4 would be suitable as an alternative since they both use the same 4pin socket with the same polarity.
I know the slightly greater amps are not a problem, but will having that 0.5v more from the vortex 4 powerpack damage my laptop or battery?

The power requirements for the vortex 3 as stated on the underside of the machine are 19v 11.57a 220w.

If someone could clear this up it would be much appreciated =)

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
The only way to be sure is to ask PCS. I would be wary though, half a volt doesn't sound like much but it means you may be over-driving some components beyond their designed limits.

omens

Gold Level Poster
I've had a similar issue - the wire that comes out of the adapter is frayed at the junction so needs replacing. I rang PCS and they said it was essentially on back order and should have arrived last month.

I've had a look around. Can't find anything suitable on ebay, or from other online shops. The same adapter is used for the Clevo P170HM and the Sager N8170 (I think).

At least I have my netbook. Let me know if you manage to find out an answer.