Pre-Production times changed, why?

Hey guys! :)

Just having a little confusion with my order and was wondering if anyone had any feedback or help! I ordered a desktop PC on the 31st of December, as you'd expect I checked my order each day to see for advancements but to no avail! xD So basically it got to it's 13th day in pre-production and I started to search the forums for any similar cases and I read a few topics on missing components and fast track build times putting people ahead of you!

I sent them an email on the 12th but I haven't heard a reply, I just asked for an update on my order but I appreciate that they're busy so I'll keep waiting!

But then when I checked it the next day on the 13th of January the pre-production time had been put down to 10 days? :S Maybe this is something that happens when it goes past 13 or 14 days of pre-production is just puts it down to 10 days as it can't go any higher?

So anyway I checked to see if I could fast track my order and then it told me they didn't have the Intel i5 Core Processor in stock, so there I was thinking "ahh here we go, I'll just upgraded to the i7! Problem solved!" However I'm still stuck on 10th day of pre-production xD Doh!

Do I just wait it out and see what happens? Or can anyone give me any advice?

Much appreciated - Chris Ashwell :)

Specs:

Case STYLISH PIANO BLACK ENIGMA MICRO-ATX CASE + 2 FRONT USB
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i5-2500S Quad Core (2.7GHz, 6MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Change to: Intel® Core™i7-2600 Quad Core (3.40GHz, 8MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Motherboard ASUS® P8H61-M LE/USB3 (NEW REV 3.0): M-ATX, USB 3.0, SATA 3.0Gb/s
Memory (RAM) 8GB SAMSUNG DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 4GB)
Graphics Card 1GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 550 Ti - DVI,HDMI,VGA - 3D Vision Ready
2nd Graphics Card NONE
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 250GB SATA-II 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 8MB CACHE (7,200rpm)
2nd Hard Disk NONE
RAID NONE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NONE
Memory Card Reader INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply 450W Quiet 80 PLUS Dual Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan (£29)
Processor Cooling INTEL SOCKET LGA1155 STANDARD CPU COOLER
Sound Card ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options 4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD

Last edited:

TheKeir

Bright Spark
Sounds like there's a component which they haven't got in at the moment.

Have you logged in to your account? You can do so on the Customer Section on the left, on the home page. Go to Orders, and there may be notes attached which say there's a component which they haven't got.

Can you post your spec here so that I can take a guess at whats missing? (If you've got something a bit unusual in the spec then it's probably that)

phicla

Bronze Level Poster
Ordered mine on the 28th Dec , waited & waited , saw other people ordered and have theres built , still waited .... then all of a sudden on the 11th Jan , it was built , tested & in quality ....... was dispatched on Friday & should be getting it on Monday.

Of course straight after xmas there would have beeen an uplift in orders , and I assume that the delay was just waiting upon a part, and if I had been bothered to phone up they would have been able to tell me that straight away. when I ordered it I had the attitude "Well I'm in no rush" , but of course once you start looking at the schedual of your order and seeing other peoples posted on the forum , then the old green eyed monster takes hold.

The only thing that grates me was the "If you can afford the extra cash , then your's goes to the top of the list " situation , but this of course happens in a lot of places , those with more money get prefferential treatment.

But they have kept me informed every step change aqlong the way , and as long as I get what I ordered than I'll have no issues in using the company again

Last edited:
Ordered mine on the 28th Dec , waited & waited , saw other people ordered and have theres built , still waited .... then all of a sudden on the 11th Jan , it was built , tested & in quality ....... was dispatched on Friday & should be getting it on Monday.

Of course straight after xmas there would have beeen an uplift in orders , and I assume that the delay was just waiting upon a part, and if I had been bothered to phone up they would have been able to tell me that straight away. when I ordered it I had the attitude "Well I'm in no rush" , but of course once you start looking at the schedual of your order and seeing other peoples posted on the forum , then the old green eyed monster takes hold.

The only thing that grates me was the "If you can afford the extra cash , then your's goes to the top of the list " situation , but this of course happens in a lot of places , those with more money get prefferential treatment.

But they have kept me informed every step change aqlong the way , and as long as I get what I ordered than I'll have no issues in using the company again

Ahh right, this is nice to know! Hopefully the same has happened to me, I did think maybe they've just forgotten to update my order! I also adopted the view of I'm in no rush but as time goes by we all get impatient! :p I second the statement aslong as I get what I ordered I too shall have no problems with using these guys again! :)

Last edited:

Rakk

The Awesome
And in reply to TheKeir I've tried posting my specs but it keeps saying it'll be posted when a mod approves it so I expect it to appear twice after this xD

If it says wait for it to be moderated, please just wait, don't post the same thing again, cos then the mods just have to decide which one to approve and which ones need deleting :)

If it says wait for it to be moderated, please just wait, don't post the same thing again, cos then the mods just have to decide which one to approve and which ones need deleting :)

Sorry! xD I didn't think it worked the first time! Won't happen again :)

TheKeir

Bright Spark
Ah yes, that annoying thing where you can't post until a mod approves it.

If its a missing component then it's probably the graphics card in your spec.

If they haven't built it yet then I would urge you to upgrade that case, it will NOT handle your components well. Upgrade to a Cooler Master 310 Elite case, I really really urge you to.

If its a missing component then it's probably the graphics card in your spec.

If they haven't built it yet then I would urge you to upgrade that case, it will NOT handle your components well. Upgrade to a Cooler Master 310 Elite case, I really really urge you to.

Shall do that now! Thank-you TheKeir :) Let's hope my order gets going soon I'm sure they're working on it! :) Was just a little confused as to why they changed the Pre-Production day!

Rakk

The Awesome
Yeah that thing that stops an awful lot of spam getting through :) (especially one-two months late-ish last year where each morning I'd log in and find about 10-20 moderated spam posts, I banned an awful lot of people at the time of the year :))

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
Your spec looks good, I would highly recommend upgrading the hdd though, a seagate will be fine but if you can afford it, a caviar black would be better.

TheKeir

Bright Spark
Yeah that thing that stops an awful lot of spam getting through :) (especially one-two months late-ish last year where each morning I'd log in and find about 10-20 moderated spam posts, I banned an awful lot of people at the time of the year :))

I can imagine it does stop a lot of spam! Its just annoying for new people to the forum :p

Your spec looks good, I would highly recommend upgrading the hdd though, a seagate will be fine but if you can afford it, a caviar black would be better.

Can't quite afford an upgrade yet seeing as I just had to spend about £90 uping the processor and case :p! But it'll be next on my list, I do have a 1TB external HDD aswell :)

Thank-you all for the help it's much appropriated! :)

Last edited:

TheKeir

Bright Spark
You can always upgrade the HDD at a later stage, it's not difficult to remove and replace the hard drive :)

You can always upgrade the HDD at a later stage, it's not difficult to remove and replace the hard drive :)

Yeah that's what I thought Kier, I've always got my external HDD to transfer data over! I do feel nooby with this whole process, I've never built my own computer but I'm sure I can find somewhere on the internet to tell me how to replace a HDD :)

phicla

Bronze Level Poster
The thought of it is more daunting than the actual execution , if you can read you can change a hardrive