Pre production working days

AleDix

Hello just curiousity from anyone who just got a pc from PCS.
How many working days have you been in with pre production before it changed?
Because I'm currently on 20th Working Day pre production and really can't wait any longer to receive my pc.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Gave them a call and ask, but be prepared for a long wait because they're insanely busy at the moment.

PCS have temporarily stopped using the automated delivery time advice tool, they are manually emailing every customer but that takes time. A couple of days ago there were almost 1500 orders in the build queue and it seems that somewhere around 30 working days is about normal at the moment.

Don't quote me on any of that, I don't work for PCS and I have no inside information, that's just what I've gleaned from other posts on the fora.

AleDix

O
Gave them a call and ask, but be prepared for a long wait because they're insanely busy at the moment.

PCS have temporarily stopped using the automated delivery time advice tool, they are manually emailing every customer but that takes time. A couple of days ago there were almost 1500 orders in the build queue and it seems that somewhere around 30 working days is about normal at the moment.

Don't quote me on any of that, I don't work for PCS and I have no inside information, that's just what I've gleaned from other posts on the fora.
Oh damn that's a lot of orders, thank you!

as678

How many employees?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
How many employees?
I've no idea and nobody on here (apart from the few PCS employees who visit) will know either.

I do know that they are working with reduced numbers because of the COVID distancing they have to observe.

Via Tapatalk

keithbeaks

Enthusiast
Because I'm currently on 20th Working Day pre production and really can't wait any longer to receive my pc.

I'm on 19th working day and have been given an estimated build date of July 1st. Some that ordered the same day are two days ahead of me and some are two days after.

I have days when I'm not really bothered about it and then today I just wish it was here. But just got to wait and manage with my laptop for now.

simgeniej

I’m on WD 20 and just got a email to say mine is gone into building. Hopefully yours will go through soon

comait

How many employees?
You could make some assumption looking at Google map view of their facility
Count the cars in the parking lot [emoji4] I have counted 45 veicols I think they work split in two shifts (for the covid distancing) in the two productions lines, pc notebook, admin tasks, and logistics plus I think a percentage of extra temp worker max 15. So my best guess is 60. Yes is only a guess, but an educated one.

Inviato dal mio CLT-L29 utilizzando Tapatalk

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
You could make some assumption looking at Google map view of their facility
Count the cars in the parking lot [emoji4] I have counted 45 veicols I think they work split in two shifts (for the covid distancing) in the two productions lines, pc notebook, admin tasks, and logistics plus I think a percentage of extra temp worker max 15. So my best guess is 60. Yes is only a guess, but an educated one.

I wonder how old that Google photo is? Did you check? I seriously doubt it's recent enough to be within the COVID emergency.

The fact is that nobody on here knows and there is no point in guessing.

Via Tapatalk

comait

you have to give them some credit for the extent of the detective work though [emoji23]
Normal due diligence.it's a common practice to qualify suppliers that you have never seen to check their production facilities on Google maps.

nick_123

Silver Level Poster
Normal due diligence.it's a common practice to qualify suppliers that you have never seen to check their production facilities on Google maps.

I can't say I have ever checked the production facilities of any business before purcashing from them. Even if you mean in a professional sense, I'm not sure what you gain from that method. As ubuysa states above, the image is likely to be out of date - it certainly won't represent what is happening in the current environment. It also doesn't take into account people who car share, walk, cycle or take public transport to work. Are they all production staff, probably not. There are many flaws in looking at a google earth image to ascertain your build date. I am not trying to pick holes in how you choose to spend your time - this is your business not mine - however if it was me (and it was until yesteday), I would set my expectations at 20-30 working days and wait patiently until PCS update you otherwise.

WhiskyMac

Bronze Level Poster
I spoke to them as i haven't had any email update - now on WD16.

They told me they had 5000 odd orders in the queue to be built. I was in the 'top quarter'. They said they're building at least a 100 a day at moment - likely quite a bit more but didn't have the exact numbers so ii'd guess 120-130.