Pre production working days

keithbeaks

Enthusiast
No I've come forward to Thursday for estimated..... I can hope that I just get an email saying your system is being built tomorrow or Wednesday, but hey I don't want it rushed and if testing is completed on Friday I could get it Saturday if I pay for the delivery

But next week is fine if not

kennyh123

Currently on WD21. Got an email that my custom pc was in building this morning. 2.5hr later, got another email that it's in testing now. Expecting testing and quality control to last 24hours, ship after, receive on Wednesday or Thursday.

Lockistaf

Hopefully thats the case, mine went into testing Friday after it was built, found out this morning they found an issue thats being fixed today. then it needs to go into another Quality control.

Ülker

It was probably 15-18 working days. That's still nearly 4 weeks. Not that much different. If it's so important then cancel and order a pre-built.
Not quite. With the given 18-20 day lead times, my PC would've arrived by the 17th - 21st of July, however now instead only the estimated BUILD time is at 27th of July, meaning my PC won't arrive until at least August...

Yes I understand that I can just cancel and order a pre-built one, however, these are out of my price range and this isn't my exact issue here: it's that I was told a certain lead time before purchasing and 2 days after recieved a minimum of 2 weeks of delay. Not exactly what I signed up / paid for.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Not quite. With the given 18-20 day lead times, my PC would've arrived by the 17th - 21st of July, however now instead only the estimated BUILD time is at 27th of July, meaning my PC won't arrive until at least August...

Yes I understand that I can just cancel and order a pre-built one, however, these are out of my price range and this isn't my exact issue here: it's that I was told a certain lead time before purchasing and 2 days after recieved a minimum of 2 weeks of delay. Not exactly what I signed up / paid for.
This has been done to death on here. I do appreciate your frustration and PCS did fail to manage customer expectations properly (or at all actually) when they had to implement the government's COVID workplace rules. That, and the worldwide parts shortage that COVID also caused, seriously affected build times.

PCS failed to keep customers fully informed of the effect this would have on build estimates, possibly because they didn't know themselves. Either way, they are now better communicating build estimates.

I realise that none of that helps but the COVID emergency caught everyone by surprise.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

I'm not sure you're accounting for working days, any reference to "days" refers to working days which is monday to friday and doesn't include bank holidays.

Ülker

I'm not sure you're accounting for working days, any reference to "days" refers to working days which is monday to friday and doesn't include bank holidays.
Yeah I'm fully aware of that. When counting the days I began from my first day of processing and excluded all weekends / bank holidays.

keithbeaks

Enthusiast

I'd recommend having your build checked on the forum for use, compatibility and bottlenecks. That's the only benefit of this long waiting time. But it's helped me a lot and actually saved me money.

Knight1664

Today is the 21st working day since I placed my order. This morning I entered the build phase and a few hours later it was being tested. I called PCS and they confirmed that they're still allowing customers to visit their facility for collections. The helpful member of staff on the phone told me that my order should be ready for collection either tomorrow or the following day. Following on from the above post, I hope mine can also provide you with an indication.

It's been a month since I initially placed the order and by my estimations, they've done considerably well given the current circumstances. The well-being of their staff is obviously of paramount importance, so I take my hat off to them.

Virtualoso

Maybe instead of the huge amounts of complaints about the uncertainty of turnaround times, everyone possibly could have posted under one post their respective turnaround times (for indicative purposes).

Hindsight I suppose!

D

Deleted member 17413

With the regulations changing and dropping to 1M spacing, im hoping it means they can have more staff on site and so speed up the queue.
Estimate for mine is 27th of July, about 34 days from original order being processed.
Where im looking at changing it to a AMD build i'm hoping it wont knock me back in the queue either.... ATM my laptop is nothing more than a web browser its that knackered (wont even load most games, the GPU died, keyboard is starting to play up too).

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
With the regulations changing and dropping to 1M spacing, im hoping it means they can have more staff on site and so speed up the queue.
Estimate for mine is 27th of July, about 34 days from original order being processed.
Where im looking at changing it to a AMD build i'm hoping it wont knock me back in the queue either.... ATM my laptop is nothing more than a web browser its that knackered (wont even load most games, the GPU died, keyboard is starting to play up too).
I've no idea, but I am certain that PCS will prioritise the health and well-being of their workforce above any desire to get more builds out the door. :)

Krasio

Silver Level Poster
Further i ordered on the 17th of june, my first email for estimated build was 29.07 5 days later 23.07 and i just recieved a email for a new est for 20.07 o_O. Excited !

WhiskyMac

Bronze Level Poster
Further i ordered on the 17th of june, my first email for estimated build was 29.07 5 days later 23.07 and i just recieved a email for a new est for 20.07 o_O. Excited !

They've def ramped up the working hours to deal with the backlog. A month is not so bad really given the huge backlog thats devloped