Pre production working days

mikey77

I had three updates and all stated that the PC would go into building on Friday the 10th July, even the update yesterday.

Just an hour ago it went into building (21 working days), at eight at night(!) Just goes to show even the most recent updates can be inaccurate, and 2-3 days earlier than expected is a nice benefit because, with any luck, it may get here before the weekend.

when have you placed your order? I placed mine on 12 june and my expected building date is 13 july

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
How long have people been finding there PC sits in the building stage for? I’ve been in that since just before 11am this morning, so hoping to move through to testing tomorrow.
It's typically a day in build and 24hrs in testing. If there are no issues found in testing then I would expect it to be dispatched on Friday.

cjohob

My laptop has been 'in testing' since Monday afternoon. Crossing my fingers that it'll be dispatched today! I'm hoping the longer than average test time isn't a sign of anything having gone wrong, and is just PCS being overstretched. Although if there is something not quite right, obviously better that PCS catch it and fix it before it's out the door. The estimated build time for laptops has shot up since Monday, from 7-9 to 12-14 working days. I had thought about cancelling my order and replacing it as the same spec is now cheaper, but I didn't want to be that guy disrupting the build queue even further. I'm starting to feel glad I didn't reorder if it would have meant another 3 weeks to wait.

EDIT: There are still no notes attached to my order (unless I just can't find them). But I now see there has been a sub-order created on my account to switch the wireless network card, so looks like a compatibility issue with AX201 + AMD. I'm assuming/hoping that's a straightforward fix and it'll be out today!

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
My laptop has been 'in testing' since Monday afternoon. Crossing my fingers that it'll be dispatched today! I'm hoping the longer than average test time isn't a sign of anything having gone wrong, and is just PCS being overstretched. Although if there is something not quite right, obviously better that PCS catch it and fix it before it's out the door. The estimated build time for laptops has shot up since Monday, from 7-9 to 12-14 working days. I had thought about cancelling my order and replacing it as the same spec is now cheaper, but I didn't want to be that guy disrupting the build queue even further. I'm starting to feel glad I didn't reorder if it would have meant another 3 weeks to wait.
AFAIK it shows as testing until it's passed. It may have gone back into build for a part replacement and then back on test again. As you say, PCS will make sure its right before they ship it.

AB2112

when have you placed your order? I placed mine on 12 june and my expected building date is 13 july

Exactly a month ago, 8th of June. 22 working days.

It said it entered building last night, its still in building this afternoon, so whether they were just getting the necessary stock together or something along those lines, I don't know (it did strike me as odd that it entered building at 8pm). Hopefully it'll be built by this evening to test tomorrow perhaps.

Last edited:

mikey77

Exactly a month ago, 8th of June. 22 working days.

It said it entered building last night, its still in building this afternoon, so whether they were just getting the necessary stock together or something along those lines, I don't know (it did strike me as odd that it entered building at 8pm). Hopefully it'll be built by this evening to test tomorrow perhaps.

I think yours is going to be in testing tonight and dispatched maybe tomorrow

Joebhoy

Ordered 10th of June
Email 20th June - Build Date - 20th July
Email 23rd June - Build Date - 17th July
Email 28th June - Build Date - 13th July
Email 3rd July - Build Date - 9th July - Looking good i thought!
Email today - Build Date - Back to 13th July
Hope it's not going in the wrong direction again! At least i still have a laptop i can use.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Ordered 10th of June
Email 20th June - Build Date - 20th July
Email 23rd June - Build Date - 17th July
Email 28th June - Build Date - 13th July
Email 3rd July - Build Date - 9th July - Looking good i thought!
Email today - Build Date - Back to 13th July
Hope it's not going in the wrong direction again! At least i still have a laptop i can use.
TBH it's only going to take a couple of builds fail testing and need to go back into build for part replacement to throw their anticipated schedules out. I'm sure it's not personal. ;)

AB2112

I think yours is going to be in testing tonight and dispatched maybe tomorrow
This is all a bonus considering the original estimated build date, being 2 days early I'm trying to manage expectations!

It's still in building, but has had the name of someone working on it added about six hours ago (though if this means it's physically being built, I don't know). I've been trying to distract myself for the last 22 working days, but by by now I'm checking up on it a few times per day!

Rack

Enthusiast
I just want my PC :( my monitor was delivered early (I'm away at family this weekend, so I got it delivered there) which means I could have played with it tonight.
On a positive though, I've got from the 29th build date to to the 22nd. Not too much longer (I also buckled and went with a 2070 super not teh 2060...)

AB2112

As soon as mine entered building it was rapid.

Went into building 3 days before scheduled (Tuesday night), was in building roughly a day and a half. Then onto testing for a day and a half.

Waiting for dispatch around Friday lunchtime, and told to expect it some time on Monday. The following day, I get an email saying it's coming that Saturday afternoon, which was entirely unexpected. Dispatched on the 24th working day, all-in-all a few days earlier than expected.

Top notch.

Alex0991

I've ordered on the 8th of July and although only 3 WD in - im estimated a August the 3rd build date, so they might be clearing through their order backlog now i imagine.

radhumble

Just curious, but my build date is tomorrow (13th) and just going by the typical build/testing times what day should I expect it to be dispatched?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just curious, but my build date is tomorrow (13th) and just going by the typical build/testing times what day should I expect it to be dispatched?
There's no way of telling that, usually it's built within a day, but then it's got to go through testing, and if a fault is found then it will have to be troubleshot and fixed, then put through testing again, so anywhere up to around a week.

Ericburnard

Bronze Level Poster
I've ordered on the 8th of July and although only 3 WD in - im estimated a August the 3rd build date, so they might be clearing through their order backlog now i imagine.

Just got my first email and going from last week's wait times I was expecting 11th August but now have the 5th!