Pre production working days

Iqbal

Usually building is done within a day, so will probably enter testing tomorrow. Testing totally depends on weather a problem is found in which case it would have to be repaired and then put through testing again, but normally testing is up to 24 hours.
Thank you for the fast reply appreciate it 👌🏾💯

superpc

Ordered July 7 (laptop, defiance series)
First email received July 10 - Build Date - July 16
Email today, July 15 - Build Date is now July 20
Still in their advertised range of 8-10 WD for laptop build, let's see how it goes.

radhumble

Hey guys, so it looks like my computer will be built on around the 25/6 workday due to the delayed PSUs (RMx 750W exclusively); after amending it has delayed my order a few more days due to processing. Rather sad but it is what it is.

Just want people who are coming up to their estimated build date to be wary of that.

Krasio

Silver Level Poster
Hey guys, so it looks like my computer will be built on around the 25/6 workday due to the delayed PSUs (RMx 750W exclusively); after amending it has delayed my order a few more days due to processing. Rather sad but it is what it is.

Just want people who are coming up to their estimated build date to be wary of that.
Thanks for sharing! Did i understand that you amend into a different in stock PSU and they put you back on pre-production?

jbt9

Hello

Is there any confirmation from PCS that build times are coming down as a result of the recent lockdown changes?
I have an important meeting in ~3/4 weeks which I need this new laptop for and people from mid/late June are reporting ~3/4 week waits for their unit to arrive. I dont want to risk not having it by then if the waits are still very long.

Thanks

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Hello

Is there any confirmation from PCS that build times are coming down as a result of the recent lockdown changes?
I have an important meeting in ~3/4 weeks which I need this new laptop for and people from mid/late June are reporting ~3/4 week waits for their unit to arrive. I dont want to risk not having it by then if the waits are still very long.

Thanks
AFAIK PCS have not said anything about build times other than in specific emails to each customer. In fact the only indication on build times that we have is from posts on here.

The 'fast track' option was temporarily removed at the start of the COVID emergency and is still not available, so there is no alternative but to wait your turn I'm afraid.

You could of course give PCS a call and see whether they can give you a realistic build date. You can also explain your urgent need, but I think PCS are adopting a 'first come first served' policy.

jbt9

AFAIK PCS have not said anything about build times other than in specific emails to each customer. In fact the only indication on build times that we have is from posts on here.

The 'fast track' option was temporarily removed at the start of the COVID emergency and is still not available, so there is no alternative but to wait your turn I'm afraid.

You could of course give PCS a call and see whether they can give you a realistic build date. You can also explain your urgent need, but I think PCS are adopting a 'first come first served' policy.

Ok thanks for your help. I'll give them a ring.

jbt9

Just to update you in case you're interested: I gave them a ring and they were able to say that my laptop times are shorter than other desktop ones and they think there's a good chance it will arrive in roughly ~2 weeks. Thanks for your help!

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Just to update you in case you're interested: I gave them a ring and they were able to say that my laptop times are shorter than other desktop ones and they think there's a good chance it will arrive in roughly ~2 weeks. Thanks for your help!
Good news! :)

Iqbal

Mine went in build at the 14th it didn’t go at the testing stage yesterday so I think it might today. So far I’m at 29 WD hopefully it will be tested and dispatched some time next week or this week 😀

Iqbal

I had the same thing happen to me with the 550w gold psu saying that there out of stock then changed it to a 750w rmx last Friday so it prolong my system build date by a bit.
Hopefully yours will be quicker with things becoming manageable with the less restrictions👌🏾💯.

D

Deleted member 17413

Thanks for sharing! Did i understand that you amend into a different in stock PSU and they put you back on pre-production?

I think this partly depends on the part as well.
If you replace the PSU or Motherboard...its a start again job really... not like a different GPU or something.
I think they also charge once its in production, so if you havent got it all sorted while in preproduction I would phone them and speak to them directly.

Mine went into awaiting dispatch at like 1.32am. Means probably turn up tomorrow? Could I still pay extra for it to delivered earlier? Or not?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Sorry I shoulda explained myself better as in like certain times before 2pm ect!
Ah, yes, there are time deliveries like before 12. You can either contact PCS and see if they can book something, or you can wait to get the collection confirmation from DPD, download the DPD app, and in that you can pay for an upgraded service.

superpc

Ordered July 7 (laptop, defiance series)
First email received July 10 - Build Date - July 16
Email today, July 15 - Build Date is now July 20
Still in their advertised range of 8-10 WD for laptop build, let's see how it goes.

Hppy to have received, earlier today, an email stating my laptop had been built and awaiting test and configuration.
This means It took 9 wd from order to building phase.

radhumble

I had the same thing happen to me with the 550w gold psu saying that there out of stock then changed it to a 750w rmx last Friday so it prolong my system build date by a bit.
Hopefully yours will be quicker with things becoming manageable with the less restrictions👌🏾💯.

Yup, late last night mine went into building (wooh), in testing at the moment. From what I got back from PCS they said that once they get the 750W back in, it'll be 1-2 days before they get around to allotting them to builds for installation if that is any help?

So, what happened was, I amended it but it put my build on a kind of hold where they needed someone to allocate the new PSU to my build instead of the old one which I was waiting for. It took around a day and a half until it was assigned to my build.

Iqbal

Mine went into testing today 🙌🏾 So I think either tomorrow or next week it will be dispatched.
So they do take at least a day to build and then I believe if there nothing wrong with my system it will be dispatched this week or the next😊.