Pre production working days

Roberttonkiss874

Silver Level Poster
Im just in the process of just deciding on build specs, but its good to know about the delayed build times especially as i think they are quoting a 21-23 day to build and dispatch. I bet this working from home has given too may potental purchasers time to consider thier builds and decide to finaly do something about it. So i think it will be volume of orders as well as Co-vid restrictions that has caused some of the delays as well as shortages in stock components.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm not sure if this is the right thread for it but, when do DPD typically pick up computers awaiting dispatch?
Usually the end of the day, so between perhaps 15:00 and 17:00

DPD like everyone are facing staff shortages so some days they don't collect.

Working day 20 today and my predicted build date, have been following this post and had ordered the 750w RM series PSU so braced for delay. This morning received an update e mail giving new build date next Monday bit disappointed but not surprised. Then 20 minutes ago another e mail, just gone in to build bit surprised but definitely not disappointed 😃 guess the PSUs have arrived!

Roberttonkiss874

Silver Level Poster
Working day 20 today and my predicted build date, have been following this post and had ordered the 750w RM series PSU so braced for delay. This morning received an update e mail giving new build date next Monday bit disappointed but not surprised. Then 20 minutes ago another e mail, just gone in to build bit surprised but definitely not disappointed 😃 guess the PSUs have arrived!
lol if thats the case think i better get my order specs finalised and ordered before they run out again. also as a by the by noticed that other pc builders ive looked at aren't saying they have delays with thier build times but i cannot believe they havent got the same issues i certainly prefere to go with someone who is posting realistic timeframes to start out. Imagine ordering a desk top expecting delivery in a week only to have to wait 3 weeks or more at least with PCS i know it is going to take at least 3 weeks and longer if components become out of stock.

Last edited:
Funnily enough my last order from 2013 still detailed on account dispatched on 14 working days so probably looking at a week and a half longer by the time it's sent. Given increased demand, supply chain disruption and social distancing I'm impressed. Starting a build at gone 7pm implies to me they are throwing some cash at the problem rather than letting the customer take the hit 👏

Roberttonkiss874

Silver Level Poster
Given social distancing guidelines it is surprising, though I think someone suggested that they may have gone to a shift system to ease the social distancing issues which might account for the lateish time for the build time. Fewer people physically there at one time but effectively the same overall just taking slightly longer to do it and as you said with supply train disruption added in you have what a call a reasonable delay time. It’s not like they haven’t been honest about the timescales and if they get the products to us sooner we’ll all the better.

Krasio

Silver Level Poster
Went in building on the 15th 10am, as of now still no progress :( really had hopes it would be awaiting dispatch the coming monday. Hope i get it by next week sometime ...

Ericburnard

Bronze Level Poster
Order date: July 10th

Email on Monday, build date 4th August
Email today, build date 31st July

Current estimates 15 working days!

🎉

Krasio

Silver Level Poster
Yup, late last night mine went into building (wooh), in testing at the moment. From what I got back from PCS they said that once they get the 750W back in, it'll be 1-2 days before they get around to allotting them to builds for installation if that is any help?

So, what happened was, I amended it but it put my build on a kind of hold where they needed someone to allocate the new PSU to my build instead of the old one which I was waiting for. It took around a day and a half until it was assigned to my build.
Did you get your machine yet ?

JackAtkinson169

So i've just been on the online chat, today was my estimated build date. They have been awaiting stock for my GPU, but it should be there today. Really hoping theres no more delays, 4 weeks since i ordered!

Order date: July 10th

Email on Monday, build date 4th August
Email today, build date 31st July

Current estimates 15 working days!

🎉

Ordered mine on the 10th as well.

Monday email with the same build date as you.
Then email on Saturday with 4th August est build date.

How's yours getting on now?