Pre production working days

Krasio

Silver Level Poster
LMAO. the courier did that here too jeez i hate that he went past me like 5 times :ROFLMAO:
It's here now ! I will upload some pictures sometime today, everything working properly so far ! I still need to install updates and whatnot. One thing im suprised about was that it came with the Zotac card after all, not the Palit one.
RAM was configured to it's advertised speed, everything seems good SO FAR. Came in with a box full of spares from the case and the motherboard (cables etc.) has a good amount of manuals in there.
Anyway i'll post more when setup properly !
To the rest of the lads waiting - hang in there boys, it's well worth it !

LukeBrigginshaw965

I am 45 minutes away and the driver is on stop 57 when I am 66. I am right in the middle of the countryside so when he heads this way I know he is coming to me.

I may end up going through the office floor soon bouncing around with so much excitement.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I am 45 minutes away and the driver is on stop 57 when I am 66. I am right in the middle of the countryside so when he heads this way I know he is coming to me.

I may end up going through the office floor soon bouncing around with so much excitement.

I get the feeling you're going to be standing in the middle of the road waiting when he gets close...

giphy.gif

Rack

Enthusiast
I spoke to the live chat today who assured me my system would be dispatched today, so I paid for the Saturday delivery (which I was told would be fine). However it's now 5 pm on a Friday and no dispatch confirmation. Fingers crossed I guess.

D

Deleted member 17413

You should have something by 5pm.
They have collected i've had my emails through.

Whats its status on the site? Did you tell them you would pay for sat delivery?
When i spoke to them on the phone he sent a message down to dispatch to make sure they sent it because it was saturday delivery.

Krasio

Silver Level Poster
It may be dispatched later in the day. I saw on the DPD tracking app my parcel pretty much traveling throuhgout the whole night,
so if you paid for a saturday delivery you should get it tomorrow.

Rack

Enthusiast
I'm not doubting DPD delivering it tomorrow, I just thought I'd have had a confirmation email sent through. It might just be a delay in getting emails out. If I've not heard anything in the morning, I'll get in touch again.

I'm just impatient, I placed an order in may, which was 2 days away from being built which I had to cancel due to a job scare. So I've been waiting twice as long haha.

Rack

Enthusiast
As an update, no it wasn't dispatched. I was basically lied to this morning and spent an additional £19 for nothing. And then when I asked about a refund I was told to call again tomorrow. This is the first time I've been upset with PCS and it felt like a 'Friday afternoon job' when I was talking to PCS.

D

Deleted member 17413

just go in and change your order to remove the sat delivery, the refund will process over the weekend.
(BTW if you dont take it off, the package will be held until next sat before delivering)

Ericburnard

Bronze Level Poster
Just a thought but is it possible to get PCS to mount the GPU vertically or do they not stock riser cables? I don't remember seeing an option when I ordered.

Ericburnard

Bronze Level Poster
That's only available in certain cases, I don't think PCS stock any cases like that.

I'm pretty sure the 500D SE supports a vertical GPU. Happy to buy the riser cable myself and do it but I just thought if there was the option for PCS to do it then I'd do that instead :)

T-9 days until build day!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm pretty sure the 500D SE supports a vertical GPU. Happy to buy the riser cable myself and do it but I just thought if there was the option for PCS to do it then I'd do that instead :)

T-9 days until build day!
What I meant is unless it’s an actual feature of the build ie some actually come with adapters that can adjust the GPU mounting position, then PCS won’t mod it themselves. The 500D SE doesn’t support vertical mounting. Doing it as a mod in a case that doesn’t support it will raise temps quite significantly. It’s only really worth doing if you’ve got a hybrid cooled card.

Ericburnard

Bronze Level Poster
What I meant is unless it’s an actual feature of the build ie some actually come with adapters that can adjust the GPU mounting position, then PCS won’t mod it themselves. The 500D SE doesn’t support vertical mounting. Doing it as a mod in a case that doesn’t support it will raise temps quite significantly. It’s only really worth doing if you’ve got a hybrid cooled card.

Ah ok, that does make more sense. It just seems a shame to have the beautiful side of the card pointing downwards!

Bronze Level Poster
Can confirm that I am getting rather restless waiting for mine to get past Pre-production!!! Good things take time so ill have to wait.