Pre-sales Optimus IV (specifically screen) question

cyberhounds

I’m about to pull the trigger on an order for a 15.6” Optimus IV and wondered if any of you can give feedback about the AUO Matte 95% Gamut Widescreen option.

I’ll be using the laptop mainly for photo editing (and a little video editing) so will be loading it up with maximum RAM, the fastest CPU and a decent 240GB SSD (would also pop an extra 2TB drive in there but that isn't an option) but what concerns me most is the quality of the screen.

I’ve read good things about the colour and contrast of this screen but the one thing that normally bugs me about laptop screens is the vertical viewing angles. It’s a real pain trying to tilt the screen just right in order to see the images at their best. Can anyone shed any light about how forgiving this screen is with its viewing angles? As far as I can tell it isn’t an IPS panel but I don’t mind that if the quality is good enough.

Thanks,
Ben

Yamikotai

Expert
I have the screen on my Genesis IV. Horizontal viewing angles are perfect - vertical isn't perfect but it's much better than your standard screen. It's not quite as good as an IPS screen but still very good.