Pricing error for laptops?

Mr H

Bronze Level Poster
Hiya,

Quick question about laptops.

There appears to be a pricing error for laptops on the main website?

For example:

17.3" Optimus SE
From £490.00 including VAT and Delivery.

But when you go to the configuation screen:

system summary
£475.83 ex VAT
£571.00 inc VAT

Even if you select the cheapest possible configuration, it is not possible to get the price listed?

Also, what has happened to the GenesisII laptop? I was about to place an order, due to the great value for money and options available.

Are you going to replace the GenesisII with a new budget laptop option?

At the moment, PC World are cheaper for identical configurations, but I want to buy from PCS!

Many thanks.

JMOB

Bronze Level Poster
Thank you for pointing this out. We're always happy to be kept on our toes. However, in this case there is a simple explanation.

The base price quoted does not include operating software as not all customers wish to purchase this from us and this is the minimum price available for this Laptop. The configurator does include the software and the cost, which can be removed.

Mr H

Bronze Level Poster
ahhh!

Any news on the GenesisII? Is there likely to be a similar budget laptop available with the new sandy bridge models?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Any news on the GenesisII? Is there likely to be a similar budget laptop available with the new sandy bridge models?

Correct! :)

The Genesis II has sold out (a little earlier than anticipated unfortunately), but we have a new Sandy Bridge chassis coming in very soon. Price wise it will be similar, so worth the wait!

ETA - end of this month/first week in Feb.

Meds

Hi James,

From what I hear there will be a number of new chassis coming into stock within the next 4 weeks (maybe earlier, maybe later :)). Some will have integrated graphics and others will have dedicated graphics.