Problem opening Enigma Micro-ATX Case

hangil

Hi,

My PC just arrived today! I'm trying to open the case to transfer my graphics card from my old PC to this new one but I've had some problems opening the case (Enigma Micro-ATX Case). The bottom screw came out fine, but the top one turns and doesn't come out. Is there some kind of trick to this?!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PokerFace

Banned
Hi,

My PC just arrived today! I'm trying to open the case to transfer my graphics card from my old PC to this new one but I've had some problems opening the case (Enigma Micro-ATX Case). The bottom screw came out fine, but the top one turns and doesn't come out. Is there some kind of trick to this?!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You've probably got a damaged thread on the screw. You could try the following things:

- Lever the cover near the screw with a small screwdriver to apply a slight outwards pressure to the screw. This sometimes enables the screw to pass the damaged part of the thread and to catch onto the good part. It may then unscrew as normal.
- If you can grip the screw with some vice/mole grip pliers, then grip the screw and try to unscrew it while pulling outwards on the screw. This has a similar effect to the previous point.
- If both of the above fail, you could try cutting the head off the screw with a Dremmel cutter, if you have one.

If any of this works, there are two important things to remember:

1) Get a new screw (Maplins should stock them).
2) Give me some rep (because I've been up half the night trying to think of a solution for you!). :)

Hope you get it sorted.

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
1) Get a new screw (Maplins should stock them).
2) Give me some rep (because I've been up half the night trying to think of a solution for you!). :)

Hope you get it sorted.

3) We would be more than happy to send you a replacement screw as long as the case side itself is still okay to have a screw in without causing the original problem!