Problem when connecting to monitor

Valkyrie

I really didn't know where to put this.
The laptop wasnt bought from here btw. Anyway, here's a pic:
img1781.png

You can see a huge black box on the left side of the monitor. This only happens when I use the recommended resolution for my monitor (1920x1080)
Any suggestions?
Using VGA btw.

steveuk87

Super Star
hmm i dont use intel or nvidea, so i dont know the software very well but i'm sure it comes with software to help with resolution problems, try changing it on the second screen.. or use ctrl+p on desktop...

Steve

Valkyrie

hmm i dont use intel or nvidea, so i dont know the software very well but i'm sure it comes with software to help with resolution problems, try changing it on the second screen.. or use ctrl+p on desktop...

Steve

I can't find anything in the driver menu and ctrl+P does nothing for me.

steveuk87

Super Star
its probs just that monitor doesnt display that res then? its too high and forces its boundries out? if its fine on the other res's

Steve

steveuk87

Super Star
1080p is very slightlu differant, i am running ati CCC and i can have 1080p/1080i/1920x1080 res and its all very marginally differant in my eyes, maybe it just me seeing something i want to, but i can alter the res with those settings :)

Steve

Meds

It may be that the Laptop cannot display 1920 x 1080 via the VGA Port. Try connecting it to another HD monitor or TV to see if the same thing happens.