Problem with backlit keyboard on my Vortex IV 17" laptop

bigbird

Hi folks, I'm hoping you can help as I don't think my problem is a hardware one, but rather something having gone wrong with the software/drivers/etc.

As you will probably know, the Vortex IV has a backlit keyboard with 3 zones. Currently I only have the centre zone working, both the outer zones are not on. Normally, I have the light fading between all of the colours, but as a first test, I tried changing this to a static white with no change to the outer zones turning on.

Now, the reason I don't think it's a hardware issue is that when I rebooted the computer, I noticed that all three zones were showing a dark blue. As soon as I had logged in (I'm gonna have to double check that) and everything had finished loading, the keyboard lights for the central zone went white, while the other two zones both went off.

I've come here first because I'm currently too tired to try and diagnose what has happened myself right now, and someone else may have encountered this and know that I have to update the widget driver for the sprogget drive - or something ;)

Anyway, here's hoping.

Thanks in advance.

bigbird

Doh, I've put this in the wrong thread - it should be in the tech support section - sorry.

Can any mods move this for me please?