Andre

Hello,

3 Hours ago i have received my new laptop:

15.6" Cosmos II
i7-4710MQ CPU 2.50 GHZ
GTX 850M 2GBDDR3
16GB RAM
and other stuff

I have some problem with the graphic because in the device manager i see 2 different card (GTX 850M and intel HD Graphics 4600) Probably in this moment i can't use my GTX, i have tried with the panel of NVIDIA but the result is the same, i have tried also to disable the second graphic card but nothing. With CCleaner i can see the graphic card and it is always set to HD Graphic 4600, but if i disable it, in ccleaner appear "Microsoft basic display driver"

I have put some image in this thread, and it can show what is the problem. In the desktop and NVIDIA panel the graphic look good, but in all the panel control or website , browser , folder ecc is a really bad graphic

Sorry for my English but i have start live in London only 3 months ago

ewWY1Np.png

psW8Cim.jpg

H7TuB4c.png

oRELPFY.png

S3CWo0n.png

Last edited:

Rakk

The Awesome
why i cant see my post?

Often when you are new to the forums your posts get auto-moderated - this includes edits to previously approved posts, when they do you just have to wait til a moderator approves them, it should be visible now.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That's actually good that there are two graphics cards, the CPU has a built in discrete graphics adapter (the intel one), the laptop will use this most of the time when doing normal browsing/watching films etc.

When you game or do something graphics intensive, it'll automatically switch to the nVidia card using a system called nVidia Optimus. You'll hear the fans kick in when the nVidia card is used.

This is done to save battery. You can select which card you want certain programs to use yourself, but I'd rely on nVidia GeForce Experience to sort that out for you.

So don't disable either graphics card, keep them both installed!

Agito

Silver Level Poster
This should not be a problem generally. This is exactly what Nvidia Optimus does. It switches between integrated GPU (HD4600) and your dedicated GPU (GTX850M) on demand. If you try and play a game, it will use the GTX, if you're only watching youtube or something like that, it will use the HD4600 to "save battery power" even if you're plugged in.

daveeb

Enthusiast
Try playing a fairly graphically demanding game, then refer back to the "manage 3D settings" screen you screenshotted above.
You should see the game referenced against the nVidia card (in program settings), proving that optimus is working correctly and selecting the dedicated graphics when required.