Problem with New PC

Croupier

My PC arrived today from PCS. Looks great by the way. So far I've updated the GPU drivers and Windows so everything is up to date and I installed Steam and Discord. Whilst waiting for a game to download I’ve been constantly getting blue screened with the message “WHEA uncorrectable error”. I’m once the PC turns back on I’m greeted by a black screen that says “CPU over temperature error.” All fans are spinning and and the PC sits idle at around 60-70 celcius.

I’m absolutely stumped and gutted, does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Croupier

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
My PC arrived today from PCS. Looks great by the way. So far I've updated the GPU drivers and Windows so everything is up to date and I installed Steam and Discord. Whilst waiting for a game to download I’ve been constantly getting blue screened with the message “WHEA uncorrectable error”. I’m once the PC turns back on I’m greeted by a black screen that says “CPU over temperature error.” All fans are spinning and and the PC sits idle at around 60-70 celcius.

I’m absolutely stumped and gutted, does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Croupier
Can you post your full specs from the order page?

Croupier

Case
CORSAIR CRYSTAL SERIES 680X RGB GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16 Core CPU (3.4GHz-4.9GHz/72MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (DDR4, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX/SLI) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3600MHz (4 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
24GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 - HDMI, DP
1st Storage Drive
2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA 120 2.5" SSD, (up to 560MB/sR | 540MB/sW)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
500GB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 6900MB/R, 5000MB/W)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 5000MB/R, 4400MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 1200W HX SERIES MODULAR 80 PLUS PLATINUM, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H115i RGB PLATINUM Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
Wireless Network Card
WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Supplied on USB Drive
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Browser
Google Chrome™
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Case
CORSAIR CRYSTAL SERIES 680X RGB GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16 Core CPU (3.4GHz-4.9GHz/72MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (DDR4, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX/SLI) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3600MHz (4 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
24GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 - HDMI, DP
1st Storage Drive
2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA 120 2.5" SSD, (up to 560MB/sR | 540MB/sW)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
500GB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 6900MB/R, 5000MB/W)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 5000MB/R, 4400MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 1200W HX SERIES MODULAR 80 PLUS PLATINUM, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H115i RGB PLATINUM Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
Wireless Network Card
WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Supplied on USB Drive
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Browser
Google Chrome™
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Just check the pump head is firmly place on the CPU and hasn't somehow come loose.

Also make sure the USB from the pump is correctly fitted on either the motherboard or if it's not into the motherboard, take a photo of where it's plugged into, when removing the styrofoam, it's possible the USB got disconnected and the pump isn't running:

HObTvL9.jpg

Croupier

The cooler itself appears secure and the USB on the cooler is in correctly too. I’ve pointed to the connection as modeled by my finger.

Harag

Gold Level Poster
It might be me, and my old 8 year AIO cooler, but a USB on a cooler -- is that right? Mine isn't fancy it's just got a fan 4 pin attachment on it, though it is 8 years old.

I really wish there was a way to see if the actual blades inside were working without taking it apart. that is one bonus for air cools, even though I like AOI more.

Doesn't the cooler have like 2-3 wires coming from it, fan wires as well as usb wires? check the other cables from the main cooler section. This vid might help.

Last edited:

Croupier

It might be me, and my old 8 year AIO cooler, but a USB on a cooler -- is that right? Mine isn't fancy it's just got a fan 4 pin attachment on it, though it is 8 years old.

I really wish there was a way to see if the actual blades inside were working without taking it apart. that is one bonus for air cools, even though I like AOI more.

Doesn't the cooler have like 2-3 wires coming from it, fan wires as well as usb wires? check the other cables from the main cooler section. This vid might help.

Watched that video... not very helpful as didn't show much at all with wiring but all connections seem secure. The fans (which have been spinning and working fine and are configurable in iCUE are all connected as is the USB as shown in my photos as well as the pump header connection.

Harag

Gold Level Poster
I just did as well, as I'm going to have the same cooler in my build when it finally comes, it did mention a SATA cable as well. Other than that, I'm not sure.

running at 60'c at idle isn't good though :(

Croupier

I managed to capture a video of what is happening. Is there any way I can send this to someone?

Croupier

In BIOS I have an RPM reading for W_PUMP+ at 1700RPM but next to it says “AIO PUMP” and the reading says N/A. Is this correct

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Upload it to dropbox or similar, then just paste a link to it making sure you set the permissions to allow us access

scarpa1

Enthusiast
The cooler itself appears secure and the USB on the cooler is in correctly too. I’ve pointed to the connection as modeled by my finger.
Is the other end of usb cable look OK on the pump part? I think there was a similar thread about one of these not working and the connection on the pump was dodgy.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

Here is video of crash
I would contact PCS at this point, and don't run the PC for now.

Those temps suggest an issue related to the cooler, but could be a number of things:

1/. Pump not running, very likely.

2/. There's a film that protects the pre applied paste, perhaps this hasn't been removed??? Severely unlikely, just throwing it out there as a possiblity.

3/. Radiator placed with tube outputs higher vertically than the pump. This would lead to the water collecting in the radiator and not being available in the circuit, so the pump is just pumping air, hence higher temps.

Croupier

I would contact PCS at this point, and don't run the PC for now.

Those temps suggest an issue related to the cooler, but could be a number of things:

1/. Pump not running, very likely.

2/. There's a film that protects the pre applied paste, perhaps this hasn't been removed??? Severely unlikely, just throwing it out there as a possiblity.

3/. Radiator placed with tube outputs higher vertically than the pump. This would lead to the water collecting in the radiator and not being available in the circuit, so the pump is just pumping air, hence higher temps.
Okay thanks, I’ll call them first thing in the morning and report back. Sadly had a gut feeling before receiving the PC something would be wrong. Hopefully it can be resolved quickly.