Problem with Super Quiet 22dBA Triple Copper Heatpipe Intel CPU Cooler

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
I've had this computer for nearly a nearly now.

For a while now I've had an annoying problem where the 'Super Quiet 22dBA Triple Copper Heatpipe Intel CPU Cooler' makes a rattling noise. I have the cover open to confirm that it's this fan which is making the noise.

I've tried to take a video of it but you can hardly hear it so I won't post it.

I have the fan set at 35% and I turn it up to 55% when on a game. The noise is a constant rattle when the computer warms up and it's just plain annoying now and I need to do something about it.

Any suggestions what I could do?
Maybe there is a better more efficient fan at PCS that can fit the PCS Trail-Breaker 7206B case?

T

TheGeeza

Sounds like the bearings going.
You could try reseating the cooler just to make sure that it's not the mount rattling.

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
Seems ok. Nothing lose. It sounds worse if the pc case is on an angle.

There's also a lot of dust on the front fan and I have no idea how to get to the dust collector.

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
Decided that I've had enough of the noise now.

I have my side cover off my case and it's not the CPU fan. It's the Power source which is making a rattle. I think I'll send PCS an email and see what they say.

Would it cost me anything to get it replaced? Considering I would like to upgrade my pc in the future, I wouldn't mind a larger power supply than my 550w and I'm thinking about a 750w.
As I don't have any experience in putting computers together, are they easy to fit?

Edit: I have the 3 year Silver Warranty (1yr collect & return, 1yr parts, 3yrs labour).

Last edited:

tom_gr7

Life Serving
i'd see what PCS says mate. But depending on the size of the case psu's are reasonably easy to replace. I'd watch a few youtube videos before delving in though.

if the PSU is faulty. you could ask PCS if you can RMA the PSU and then upgrade to a bigger PSU. That's what I did a few years ago, I had a faulty 750hx, sent it back, it was sent back to corsair, and I paid the difference for a 1050hx. - do bare in mind though, this only worked as PCS still stocked the faulty item. As the manufacturer would probably replace the faulty item and send it back to PCS.

Last edited:

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
I received a reply from one person from PCS asking if I'm sure if its' the PSU which is making the ticking noise. I sent a reply basically asking if they think I'm thick!!!!

Got another one back asking me to RMA it and they would replace the PSU.

Anyway........

I have to leave it for a while until I have some time because I need to computer now. Once I have a job, I'll send it off to them.

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
I've had the 'problem' for around 4 months now and haven't had any problems so far.

I cannot afford to be without a computer at the moment.