Problems after upgrading to windows 11

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I must admit I've had it happen here but only on the Berserker, the laptop has been fine, so i just reboot

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Yeah this was my thinking too, Im not seeing much of an upgrade between the 2, nothing thats game-changing anyway. Whats the best way to revert back (im past the 10 days to just do this via a system rollback)? Thanks :)
To go back to 10 do a clean install following these directions:

Download a new copy of Windows using the Media Creation Tool to an 8GB (min) USB.
Boot that USB and choose a Custom Install.
Delete all UEFI partitions on the system drive (EFI System, Recovery, MSR Reserved, Primary).
Select the unallocated space that results and click the Next button. The installer will create the correct partitions and install Windows.
Run Windows Update repeatedly, even across reboots, until no more updates are found.
You may need/want to download and install the latest graphics driver from the Nvidia/AMD website (they change so regularly the latest version isn't always in the Windows libraries).

This is also worth a watch

S1lencrr

To go back to 10 do a clean install following these directions:

Download a new copy of Windows using the Media Creation Tool to an 8GB (min) USB.
Boot that USB and choose a Custom Install.
Delete all UEFI partitions on the system drive (EFI System, Recovery, MSR Reserved, Primary).
Select the unallocated space that results and click the Next button. The installer will create the correct partitions and install Windows.
Run Windows Update repeatedly, even across reboots, until no more updates are found.
You may need/want to download and install the latest graphics driver from the Nvidia/AMD website (they change so regularly the latest version isn't always in the Windows libraries).

This is also worth a watch
Awesome, thanks!

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Yeah you're always better working with clean installs when it comes to operating systems. Too many things that can get screwy

TBirdUK

Still having the issue, it appears to occur when there is no user activity for a period of time. (may be USB/Bluetooth related as both my Mouse and keyboard are wireless.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Check out this thread

TBirdUK

36 hours using a wired mouse and keyboard rather than bluetooth and no resets required, reading the link above there is a minor difference in that my MC ignores the Power button, but I will try disabling c-State and report back

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
36 hours using a wired mouse and keyboard rather than bluetooth and no resets required, reading the link above there is a minor difference in that my MC ignores the Power button, but I will try disabling c-State and report back
What mouse and keyboard do you use out of interest? Are they Logitech per chance?

TBirdUK

further testing is pointing straight at the mouse. It is running off a type C USB is this the case with other folk who have seen this issue?