Problems with the optimus II

Mr Dan

Good evening

I am just looking for some information really, I bought my Optimus II 15/03/2011, and bought a silver warranty - seems the best idea i have ever had, and yesterday the hard drive gave out i think (no being a pc tech im guessing).

When its loading up the laptop it gets to the windows icon and then bsod for 1 millisecond and then states it cannot open normally would i like to use windows repair, i say yes and it says fixing bad sectors and then takes 4 hours with no change.

As its Sunday and it happened last night i have obviously being stressing about it because i didn't back anything up and i use it for work and gaming.... i actually just need it repaired asap and with it still being 20 days in warranty i was wondering how to go about this?

Does it have to go in the post? i actually live in Halifax and my family live in Wakefield i could drop it in when i visit, just how would i go about getting it sorted?

Thank you
Dan

steaky360

Howdy, it might not be the harddrive, could just be a software issue. Have you tried to start it again since it failed? If it repeatedly fails to start then I'd suggest booting from the windows CD you will have been provided in your welcome pack and then reinstalling windows. That usually solves most problems.

The issue is, the harddrive won't be repaired really, I'd imagine PCS will just RMA it and swap it with a new one. As you're coming towards the end of the warranty period, I'd suggest giving PCS a call tomorrow to arrange the RMA (if its required). They will probably talk you through some additional fault finding steps first and if it is the harddrive, as I mentioned they will likely just swap it for a new one. I imagine you can head to their office to swap them in person rather than wait for the post.

Mr Dan

Hi

Thank you for the reply.

I cant boot in safe mode i don't get any options too, i also tried it with the windows disk if i click on repair it just grays out and states it is not possible with this version of windows my current systems is running - presuming its becuase its running a newer service pack, also it will not let me wipe it and install it all again as i tried to do this - i would like the info off the hard drive (well at least to self designed maps on dayz) everything else i can live with downloading again.

I'm still gutted BSOD i hate you!