Production time keeps going up?

Hello!

My production time for my build keeps going up. Put order in on the 30th of June and it started out at 2(?) days I think. Now it's at 5 days. Naturally, it's still in pre-production. I understand that PCS is up against it with the virus and all that, but wondering if this is the same for everyone? But the time I get to it's build date (27th July) it looks like I'll be looking at a build time for 10-12 days. Or will it settle down?

Cheers

WhiskyMac

Bronze Level Poster
I think you're misunderstanding what it means.

The Production Time under 'My Orders' simply shows how many working days since you made the order. You use this to compare to the '% orders dispatched in' table below to get an idea of roughly how far you are from build date.

However as noted on the forums the automated estimate system is a little broken at moment so should rely on just the manual emails with estimated dates they are sending out.

My PC has just been built - notification over night on Friday night - entered testing yesterday and its been shipped with DPD today. So when your PC does go into build rest assured it will move quickly unless an error is found.

I think you're misunderstanding what it means.

The Production Time under 'My Orders' simply shows how many working days since you made the order. You use this to compare to the '% orders dispatched in' table below to get an idea of roughly how far you are from build date.

However as noted on the forums the automated estimate system is a little broken at moment so should rely on just the manual emails with estimated dates they are sending out.

My PC has just been built - notification over night on Friday night - entered testing yesterday and its been shipped with DPD today. So when your PC does go into build rest assured it will move quickly unless an error is found.

Ah, well now that does make sense. I was indeed misunderstanding what that meant. In hindsight, that should have been obvious. Hah. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your response whiskymac and good to hear you're getting your PC soon.

It is easy for someone who doesn't know PCS to get confused with different timings etc....what was embarassing is that I couldn't work it out...and I've bought a system from PCS 6 months ago and have been frequenting the forums for the last 9 months or so :giggle:

Well, it is difficult to always remember how things work and we tend to go with the easiest assumption most of the time. Perhaps that's lazy, but it worked for our survival for 1000s of years. The world certainly got a lot more complicated very quickly though, and our minds haven't completely caught up. :)