Project Cars 3 - Buyer Beware

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Another game I've been eagerly anticipating is Project Cars 3. I've been so into FS2020 that I actually forgot that it was out. So, it arrived on the 27th of August and......... it looks absolutely dreadful. I don't know what on earth they are thinking with this one but there is just no way I'm spending a penny on this. I don't think I would play it if I got it for free as PC2 looks SO much better.

Here's Jimmy summing up his thoughts. I can only go off of videos that I've seen so far but I would tend to agree on the face of it. The last sentence covers it very nicely.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Not watched the clip yet but a reviewer I’ve trusted for many years said that it feels much more arcade-like in its handling and that they’ve taken out a number of the more simulation based features which seems... ridiculous. Surely the series’s big sell has always been about providing an immersive sense of realism and accuracy.

I guess I’ll just stick with Assetto Corsa then.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Not watched the clip yet but a reviewer I’ve trusted for many years said that it feels much more arcade-like in its handling and that they’ve taken out a number of the more simulation based features which seems... ridiculous. Surely the series’s big sell has always been about providing an immersive sense of realism and accuracy.

I guess I’ll just stick with Assetto Corsa then.

Exactly... and this is actually where I feel there's an irony. The Project Cars duo have always been close enough to a simulation to really enjoy and put some time into, but close enough to arcade to just switch it on and go for it. AC and iRacing will always be considered much more simulation like and more accurate in the dynamics, but they don't have the same gaming aspect which Project Cars always had a level of.

According to reports they were basically making NFS Shift 3...... but they failed at that too. No matter which genre they were aiming for, they have missed by a long way. There are better arcade options and there are better simulation options.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Exactly... and this is actually where I feel there's an irony. The Project Cars duo have always been close enough to a simulation to really enjoy and put some time into, but close enough to arcade to just switch it on and go for it. AC and iRacing will always be considered much more simulation like and more accurate in the dynamics, but they don't have the same gaming aspect which Project Cars always had a level of.

According to reports they were basically making NFS Shift 3...... but they failed at that too. No matter which genre they were aiming for, they have missed by a long way. There are better arcade options and there are better simulation options.

Eeesh, not a good move. Alienate the existing fanbase and provide no unique innovation to draw a new set of users in. They’ve slashed their own tyres there 😆

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Eeesh, not a good move. Alienate the existing fanbase and provide no unique innovation to draw a new set of users in. They’ve slashed their own tyres there 😆

Oh..... and the kicker..... they expect you to pay £50 notes for that privilege :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
2E0C4926-69AC-43B9-80E9-5953089D10F6.gif