Project log : Bakunawa

DirectOverkill

Hello boys and girls!
Some time has past since I decided not only build, but also display computer for all doubters, non believers (in power and beauty of water cooling) and people who are generally interested in hardware.

As a log must have a title I named mine after a dragon in Philippine mythology that is often represented as a gigantic sea serpent. It is believed to be the cause of eclipses.
It appears as a giant sea serpent with a mouth the size of a lake, a red tongue, whiskers, gills, small wires at its sides, and two sets of wings, one is large and ash-gray while the other is small and is found further down its body [source: Wiki].
original_293667_ERSuq91WQNeqyTSRHKlBP6BuO.jpg

Cooling equipment:
CPU blocks: EK-Supreme HF - Full Nickel
GPU block: EK-FC6990 Nickel with backplate
VRM block: EK-MOSFET ASUS P8P67 - EN (Nickel)
RAM block: EK-RAM Dominator - EN (Nickel)
Reservoir: EK-BAY SPIN Reservoir - Plexi
Pump: EK-DCP 4.0 (12V DC Pump)
Radiator: EK-CoolStream RAD XTX (360) & EK-CoolStream RAD XTC (140)
Fans: Xigmatek XLF-F1256 Blue - 120mm
Fittings: EK-PSC Fitting 10mm - G1/4 E-Nickel & EK-PSC Adapter 45° G1/4 Nickel

I was most confused about the case and the size it was needed to put all the hardware inside. Mouse excluded
Hardware.jpg

then I came across with this one
HAF_AMDa.jpg

HAF_AMD.jpg

dragon alike figure was just something a BIG YES! for me as I did not feel comfortable doing custom design on sides of case.

More pics of case
7.jpg

6.jpg

and then black spray painted
8.jpg

9.jpg

While the case was away and getting dry I had block EK-FC6990 block installed onto card
3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

a CPU block is pure mirror finish job
2.jpg

A close up of PSU
10.jpg

11.jpg

Before with pre installed 140 fan by coolermaster
20.jpg

and after with a big XTX radiator :)
20a.jpg

Positioning of blocks is more or less final
12a.jpg

14.jpg

A GPU block and a sound card are very close. Now I understand why ppl worry when going with SLI. This is not a work for ppl with two left hands.:\
18.jpg

A close up to Voltage Regulator Module water block
19.jpg

HDDs are set. 2 Teras should last me for a while. And man am I glad I bought them before the flooding in Thailand. The prices now are outrageous.
21.jpg

I was first thinking positioning a pump right under HDDs, but that would involve some cutting and a case was already painted :whistling:
17.jpg

While I was at it and checked for all the space I thought another radiator would not hurt :cool:
22.jpg

And I was not wrong!

..after all the hard work a man needs to cool off. Got a freebie from ek along my order. Nice gesture :p
23.jpg

A lovely reflection in backplate of work done so far.
25.jpg

Bring on the tube routing! :D
24.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

44.jpg

Continued:
A CPU block had to be reorientated, because tubes are just too close to each other and kinks had to be avoided

40a.jpg

40.jpg

40b.jpg

You can still spot a small kinks on this pic :eek: , but that little DCP pump is strong enough to push the flow. Tubes feel more sturdy and inflated once you power it up, hence a good pressure.
Adding a RAM block:
43.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

Installing reservoir:
I decided to go with bay reservoir as front of case looks just plain boring.

45.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

A final look of tube routing is something like this:
48.jpg

49a.jpg

DirectOverkill

I think blue coolant goes well with blue motherboard's aluminum stock sinks.
59b.jpg

59.jpg

58.jpg

55.jpg

54.jpg

53.jpg

50a.jpg

And the final product
52.jpg

At this point I would like to thank to Tiborrr@EKWB for great installation hints and to Eddy for making such a great water cooling stuff. Cheers!

I also had a little accident during spray painting of front red mask. I was going for black scheme, but ended up buying a replacement panel.

More photo with front mask on.
60.jpg

61.jpg

63.jpg

64.jpg

65.jpg

DSC_0209.jpg

UV Ekoolant under LED light.
DSC_0216.jpg

Overclocking and performance
Untitled.jpg

CoreTemp-Scr.png

furmark_000000.jpg

Simo/V

Bronze Level Poster
All's I have to say is Damn. Wish I had the time and the money to undertake a project like that :p