Project Zomboid

UndeadJack

Master Poster
Project zomboid is a retelling of your death or zombification. It is a currently in development game and it is really addicting. There is no save function atm apart from pressing pause but that will be getting added soon. You travel a town getting supplies and weapons while fighting off hordes. How long can you survive?
http://projectzomboid.com/blog/

UndeadJack

Master Poster
Its dark outside...might have a look tomorrow...when its light :D

Lol. I am a bit insomniatic atm.... Nobody is posting and there isn't a chat widget at the top of the forum... Bummer. Its creepy btw. I crapped one when i saw the first zombies

UndeadJack

Master Poster
I would wait - I paid the fiver to play it already but I can see your reservation on that. I like the fact that they will be adding a bigger map and new features for the endgame :)

Kalisnoir

Super Star
I found it rubbish the first few times I played it and got absolutely slaughtered first by house fire, then by the guy with the shotgun... twice... It was then that I went on the net and discovered how to do it that I enjoyed the game, however I still got caught short by the darkness while looking for supplies and got amassed by hundreds of zombies, managed to escape but took a serious amount of damage until my unfortunate death.

I dont understand why they dont make the save feature a priority, as I imagine they would get alot more 'pre orders' that way.

Kaitel

Bronze Level Poster
That's the beauty of it, you're not meant to survive, the odds are realistically stacked way against you, so the few times you do manage to scrape through for a while you get a greater sense of achievement and more bragging rights.
But really the game is more about the story of your death, do you choose to check out fighting off the hordes, or cowering behind the sofa, or starve in a basement, or go mental and shoot yourself etc etc etc.

UndeadJack

Master Poster
That's the beauty of it, you're not meant to survive, the odds are realistically stacked way against you, so the few times you do manage to scrape through for a while you get a greater sense of achievement and more bragging rights.
But really the game is more about the story of your death, do you choose to check out fighting off the hordes, or cowering behind the sofa, or starve in a basement, or go mental and shoot yourself etc etc etc.
You should be able to save and the map needs to be bigger. In reality there would be much more food than there is as people run out quite quickly (few months). Sucks how even a scratch gets you zombified

Kaitel

Bronze Level Poster
If you were some kind of Rambo destroying zombies left right and center with ease there'd be far less tension.
Save feature is coming and it's gonna grow in size, don't forget this is still very early stages of the games development, many more features are in the pipeline.